Local Files iOS XBMC
So i have a local file i had placed on my ipad prior to jailbreaking and have just jailbroken my ipad and currently trying to test out the install of XBMC by playing the file on the Ipad.

Ive had no problems locating network shares, via SMB etc my NAS is located and playing fine, but i cannot for the life of me find where this local file is stored. any clues?

and whats the best method to transfer MKV's to the unit to play locally while away?
how did you transfer the file in the first place? For jailbroken devices i suggest any scp client for transfering files. In the future it might be possible to just select the files you wanna have local from within xbmc itself and it handles the transfer. But thats for the future...
it was on the unit prior to being jailbroken, just transfered it via itunes as its not an MKV, but an m4a.

buti asked about MKV's being transfered to save me having to convert all of them Smile
Search Cydia for AppLinks. This will make symbolic links to access apps and their document storage, which will help you if you use an app to transfer a file.

As for the internal video player:

/var/mobile/Media/iTunes_Control/

It will be somewhere in there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local Files iOS XBMC0