Gotham " NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version"
Ungh... this is INSANELY frustrating. Each time I install a new build (or almost each time) of Gotham, it creates a BRAND NEW database. This screws up my entire database. I kind of understand why it would do that when going from version 12 to 13, but why with EACH update in 13? I have like 10 databases right now and each machine seems to look at different one so none of my systems are the same anymore. Can't ALL "Gotham" versions simply use the same database?
No they can't.

And always use the same build version.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
No, they cannot all be the same. The database version changes when it is necessary. This is why we tell people to not use MySQL unless they are specifically using the exact same version on each XBMC instance. That's why there's not one but TWO version tables on the wiki to keep track of when the database version changes. That's why we tell people to not use pre-release versions if they want a stable experience. That's why we tell people to not use MySQL because it's an experimental and a pain in the ass.

So no, you don't get to bitch about the version changing.
lol... Sorry if I came off as "bitching". I an VERY grateful of the work being done here. I just didn't have this problem changing to different versions of 12. It always seemed to use the same database. For the entire "Frodo" build, i only ever had database 55 (or whatever it was). It never changed as I installed the newest update. I figured it did as you upgraded to 13 as a safety feature (so if you went back to 12, your old DB would be there). Obviously I am not a programmer so I don't understand why each new update would need to look for a different database number. I guess I was just wondering "why" there isn't a code in the programming that just says "Look for database 77" or why with each build, it wants to look for a different number? Like why does it find and copy the OLD database, rather than just use that one? clearly it can find it AND read it. Why can it find it and read it but then have to make a fresh copy of it? My frustration comes from my own confusion as to why it works this way.

However, I could not use XBMC without a shared database, I think it is the #1 feature that I enjoy. Besides being able to finish watching in another room (who really cares), but I REALLY enjoy the fact that one system knows what was "watched" or "added" to the database. beats the HELL out of having to run to each system and pressing "mark as watched" on each show you watched, OR having to run to each system and pressing "Update database" each time you have a new video to watch. It was annoying to have to wait 10 minutes for the system to update the database EACH time you wanted to watch something. With the shared database, I can just watch right away.

And I apologize that I say "annoying" but I am just giving feedback.
This has been answered and discussed about 50 times. Time to go dig in the forum
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Frodo was version 75. Gotham is currently version 78. Thus, it's changed precisely 3 times during the Gotham development period, i.e. the last 12 months.

If you have "like 10 databases now" it's due to most of them being from Frodo.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham " NOTICE: Old database found - updating from version"1