Multiple problems since update 12.1
Hey guys,

I updated from 12.0 to 12.1 and straight away got some serious problems:

1. Playback for MP3/DD2.0 Audio only from left front + left rear speaker and center (not sure). It's kinda crappy sound too. No issues when using other programs than XBMC.
2. AirPlay does NOT work anymore (other than description for 12.1) ... in 12.0 it was working like a charm!
3. SpotyMC script does not play songs anymore. I was reading in the forum for the script and changed the *.egg file as mentioned. Now I don't get an error message. Instead the song is only running for 2 sec.

I know that XBMC is not responsible for the 3rd issue. Just wanted to mention it as well.

My Setup: XBMC 12.1 for Mac OSX ML, AirPlay via iPhone 4, Onkyo TX-SR 707 HD A/V Receiver.

Any suggestions?

P.S.: Is it possible that since the update XBMC does not scrape .AppleDouble files anymore? It looks like and that's just a big relieve. Still problem No. 1+2 are really frustrating!

Cheers

Ooops wrong forum sorry guys!

Can a mod pls move it to OSX? Thx a lot!
Try nightly build - it resolve your 1st issue for me
Need a debug log (wiki) for the airplay thing. It works flawless and even better then in 12.0 for me and alot of other users aswell.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-02, 09:53)Memphiz Wrote: Need a debug log (wiki) for the airplay thing. It works flawless and even better then in 12.0 for me and alot of other users aswell.

I wanted to do so... Since I typed in my email address in XBMC Log Uploader I got this weird massage:
Error Script failed. addon.py

(2013-04-02, 06:05)MrMikeSv Wrote: Try nightly build - it resolve your 1st issue for me

Due to bugfixes etc. in 12.1 this is no option for me. And this shouldn't happen anyways. No vesion before was causing a problem like this. Doesn't matter if Rep or Final versions. Please solve the problem.

Debug log doesn't work as mentioned. Reinstall didn't help either nor did restart. Any suggestions? Can I send you the debug log from my Users folder?
Alright, Debug Log manually:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=9125

There are a lot of eroors as I can see lol
If there is anything else you can help me with I really appreaciate it caus I'm a noob when it comes to stuff like this. btw what is the error with my advanced settings?

Cheers
in audio midi setup set speaker-layout to 2.0 - in xbmc set speakerlayout to 2.0 too. This is a known limitation in 12.1. You might aswell use 12.0 for now.

For the advancedsettings.xml you would need to show the file. Its at least missing valid <advancedsettings> tags.
This didn't fix my Airplay problems with 12.1 (stereo output already configured in audio midi setup), however it was crucial to kickstart it anyway. I have changed the output format in audio midi setup from (default?) 44.1 kHz/24-bit to 44.1 kHz/16-bit and my XMBC started to play back Airplay right away.
Wojtek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple problems since update 12.10