Manualy adding discart...?
(2013-04-04, 06:27)dkplayaclub Wrote: OK. I got Gimp, but it is sort of intimidating looking. The tutorials on fanart.tv seem to be down and I can't seem to find a simple guide on how to do this. If you can point me to a good one that would be helpful, otherwise this is gonna have to go on the back burner until I get a little more time.
tutorials seem to be working ok at my end
If you feel too daunted by the prospect of making your own you can always request on fanart.tv the images that you require.
or you could contact one of the moderators who use gimp (or photoshop if you use it) for some hints
the template you can get from fanart.tv - links seem ok as I d/l last night - If you cant get hold of it pm me on fanart.tv and i'll give you a direct link to a template.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Using the template from fanart.tv it is fairly easy to do. Now if you have never used photoshop or gimp before, the first time can seem intimidating no matter what you are doing. But once you get the hang of it, it only takes a couple of minutes at most to do one discart in most cases.
a couple of minutes - wow - I must be slowing down in my old age LOL
it takes me about 10 minutes!
@dpar - if you have so many cdarts why not upload them to fanart.tv and let the community share them
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
Thanks so much for the help. I was able to find the tutorials. I was looking in the forums under tutorials at first and those are obviously down.
Anyways, It took a bit of trial and error, but I was able to make a pretty decent discart for one of my movies and get it working properly in XBMC. This truly is a glorious day.
Very happy to have found GIMP. Photoshop is far too expensive for someone like me, who would use it pretty rarely.
Now I only have to do a ton more discarts. Will upload them to fanart,tv when I get a chance. I may be no pro, and they may not be perfect, but if I can save one person from having to do this in the future it will be worth it.

I started with a cover that was not a very complex pattern, and dark colors since i figured any mistakes would be harder to notice. Laughing at myself because it was a movie that you must have just recently done one for Lee.
Hulk (2003), but there is still room for my scan since you did the BluRay and I did the DVD. Let me know how you feel I did. I am such a noob.

EDIT - May take a moment to show up. I'm guessing it has to be approved by an admin?
Yes, all images are moderated before added to the site.
It may be rejected but you will get advice on what you need to improve.
It's common that your first try won't get through, just keep working on it and before you know it will be a breeze to make them Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-04-04, 15:31)leepenny Wrote: a couple of minutes - wow - I must be slowing down in my old age LOL
it takes me about 10 minutes!
@dpar - if you have so many cdarts why not upload them to fanart.tv and let the community share them

Well I do contribute over at fanart.tv. In fact you just approved an hd logo I did. Smile Honestly with the discart, it is just too time consuming for me right now. I use the best available artwork at the time I need the disc. This means some are not good enough quality to upload due to poor source material, and some are custom ones which may need some work. Most would be fine, but it is just a lot of work to go through them all and see what can be uploaded, what needs redone, and then upload each disc one at a time. I don't have the time available to do that right now.

All I know is after having to sort through my music collection a while back, I am very strict about not adding ANYTHING to my library unless it has a logo and discart (in case of movies), and a logo and tv theme song (for tv shows), so I never have to worry about art for my collection. That means I make a logo, disc or tv theme mp3 as soon as I get a movie or tv show, or it doesn't get added until I do.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Manualy adding discart...?0