disable the exit button
Hi First of all , great skin, very impressed.

I was wondering if its possible to edit the skin to remove the exit button on power controls, the reason i ask is we use it with xbmcbuntu and only normally use a handheld remote, its ok for me but if any of the other users press it by mistake, they go to the login screen which they don't have any idea what to do (WAF) , as no users have any reason to go back to the desktop , can i somehow disable this? or maybe set the login screen to reboot if not used for say 20secs?
(2013-04-03, 11:27)incadar Wrote: Hi First of all , great skin, very impressed.

I was wondering if its possible to edit the skin to remove the exit button on power controls, the reason i ask is we use it with xbmcbuntu and only normally use a handheld remote, its ok for me but if any of the other users press it by mistake, they go to the login screen which they don't have any idea what to do (WAF) , as no users have any reason to go back to the desktop , can i somehow disable this? or maybe set the login screen to reboot if not used for say 20secs?

You have in mind Quit button under XBMC menu? If so you can disable it in skin settings.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and that does of course help, however when you press off on the remote , it brings up the 4 options, reboot, shutdown and suspend are fine however i would still like to remove quit from here in case its pressed by mistake?
(2013-04-03, 11:59)incadar Wrote: Hi

Thanks for the quick reply and that does of course help, however when you press off on the remote , it brings up the 4 options, reboot, shutdown and suspend are fine however i would still like to remove quit from here in case its pressed by mistake?

Open up DialogButtonMenu.xml, search for

PHP Code:
<onclick>XBMC.Quit()</onclick

and replace it with

PHP Code:
<onclick>noop</onclick

....or you can re-map your remote to, say, go to sleep when POWER is pressed.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

On my advencedsettings I have showexitbutton = false but not working on Quartz Sad It shows in any case.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Adv...tbutton.3E

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disable the exit button0