Lenovo Q190
If I was to buy the following:

**Lenovo VE71AUK Q190 Ultra Small Form Factor Desktop PC (Black) - (Intel Core i3 2365M 1.4GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Integrated Graphics, N5902 Remote Keyboard, Windows 8)**

Would this be any good for streaming HD 1080P movies and sound?

Would I need to purchase anything else do you think?

Also, I keep reading about openelec - is this a replcament for windows? and is this easy to install if i wanted the lenovo remote to turn on the pc and boot up straight into XBMC?

Sorry for all the q's, just want to get everything right Big Grin
Those are great specs for an HTPC. The less expensive Celeron 887 model would work too.

OpenELEC is basically XBMC as the operating system. There's no desktop UI -- just the XBMC UI. That's it. It will run very well on that model of the Q190.

There is a lot of interest in the Q190 for XBMC. There is a thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563
(2013-04-03, 17:15)Dougie Fresh Wrote: Those are great specs for an HTPC. The less expensive Celeron 887 model would work too.

OpenELEC is basically XBMC as the operating system. There's no desktop UI -- just the XBMC UI. That's it. It will run very well on that model of the Q190.

There is a lot of interest in the Q190 for XBMC. There is a thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157563

Thanks Dougie.

I thought about that particular one because it comes all set up with a remote. The one I opt for has to be 'family friendly' (or the mrs will kill meBig Grin), so needs to have a decent remote and also boot up straight into xbmc.

I'm currently running an ATV2 but obviously this has its limitations!! So decided to take the plunge on a HTPC, but there's so many options and terms that I've not quite grasped yet!Blush

My knowledge of PC's is limited but if I can get a system that streams 1080p well, works with a remote and boots straight into XBMC then I'll be happy Big Grin
Do you have your own media you want to play? Will you have it on the PC or is it somewhere else on your home network or on an external drive?
I have some files on an external hd on the family desktop. Setting up a home network will be my next task ( a scary one at that) to get my head around, but I also want to stream from the net through xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q1900