• 10(current)
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?
(2013-07-26, 14:36)Samu-rai Wrote: Not really, because it doesn't matter how many movie sources you have, XBMC only sees them as movies. It can't differentiae between kids and adult, or anime and regular animation, even if you add each of these a different source; hence why you have to tell it how to distinguish between all these with smart playlist, tags or video nodes.

Ah, I see now. So obviously I have to get rid of the Anime TV and Movies that have already been added to the main TV and Movie sources instead, then create the smart playlists (which hopefully will work properly when connected to the relevant buttons) and then rescan them again once said smart playlists are created? (If that makes any sense at all?)

By the way, I want to say "Thanks" for answering my questions as well as everybody else's on this thread and all the other threads on this forum. The software may not be easy at the best of times, but I'm determined to make it my b*t*h eventually when it comes to my Anime, Hentai and Tokusatsu collections.
(2013-07-26, 15:19)cw-kid Wrote: When you run auto mode will it only download new artwork that has become available since the last time you ran auto mode?

Or does it download all artwork for all movies again?

I've only run auto mode once at initial setup, and have been running solo mode on new movie titles I have added since.

Thanks

Yes, when you run auto mode it will scan your whole collection (TV or movie) to find any artwork available. So if you have any new movies it will download the art for those, but if a type of artwork you have selected is now available for any of your existing titles, which wasn't available on the last scan (a banner perhaps) it will download this as well.

(2013-07-26, 15:31)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-26, 14:36)Samu-rai Wrote: Not really, because it doesn't matter how many movie sources you have, XBMC only sees them as movies. It can't differentiae between kids and adult, or anime and regular animation, even if you add each of these a different source; hence why you have to tell it how to distinguish between all these with smart playlist, tags or video nodes.

Ah, I see now. So obviously I have to get rid of the Anime TV and Movies that have already been added to the main TV and Movie sources instead, then create the smart playlists (which hopefully will work properly when connected to the relevant buttons) and then rescan them again once said smart playlists are created? (If that makes any sense at all?)

By the way, I want to say "Thanks" for answering my questions as well as everybody else's on this thread and all the other threads on this forum. The software may not be easy at the best of times, but I'm determined to make it my b*t*h eventually when it comes to my Anime, Hentai and Tokusatsu collections.

No problem. I'm glad to help, we all start somewhere and there is an awful lot that I still don't know.

To get the playlists to work, you need to make sure the rules is set to when 'path' 'contains', and then browse for the relevant source.

To get this all separated properly you need to only have smart playlists on your homescreen, and disable the main movie and tv show buttons.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-07-26, 22:58)Samu-rai Wrote: No problem. I'm glad to help, we all start somewhere and there is an awful lot that I still don't know.

To get the playlists to work, you need to make sure the rules is set to when 'path' 'contains', and then browse for the relevant source.

To get this all separated properly you need to only have smart playlists on your homescreen, and disable the main movie and tv show buttons.

So if I disable the main movie and TV show buttons so that I can have the smart playlists, what do I do if I need to add non-anime movies and TV shows if the main movie and TV show buttons are disabled so that the smart playlists can work (If that makes any sense at all)
You set up smart playlists for the main movies and tv shows too, using the same method.

(2013-07-27, 10:28)Samu-rai Wrote: You set up smart playlists for the main movies and tv shows too, using the same method.

And obviously I'd have to create new buttons for those too, right?

To be honest, I'm just surprised (and I'm sure a lot of others are surprised too) that for smart playlists for shows and movies that you have to disable the buttons for the main ones for the custom ones to work properly.
You can also look into creating custom video nodes. You can set it up the standard Movie and TVShow entries exclude certain paths. It's a bit more work than making new playlists, especially if you want to update video entries (recent movies, tags, genres, etc.) to exclude the non-anime/non-kids stuff.
(2013-07-27, 11:34)borgmanjayce Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 10:28)Samu-rai Wrote: You set up smart playlists for the main movies and tv shows too, using the same method.

To be honest, I'm just surprised (and I'm sure a lot of others are surprised too) that for smart playlists for shows and movies that you have to disable the buttons for the main ones for the custom ones to work properly.

Sorry, you missunderstood what I said. Smart playlist, if set up correctly, will work regardless of which home screen buttons you have activated or not.

As per the tutorial however, if you want to completely sepearte certain types of media you will need to disable the standard buttons, as these will list every movie or tv show in your collection. Which makes the entire process rather pointless.

Hopefully that's a bit clearer?

(2013-07-29, 14:52)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-07-27, 11:34)borgmanjayce Wrote:

Sorry, you missunderstood what I said. Smart playlist, if set up correctly, will work regardless of which home screen buttons you have activated or not.

As per the tutorial however, if you want to completely sepearte certain types of media you will need to disable the standard buttons, as these will list every movie or tv show in your collection. Which makes the entire process rather pointless.

Hopefully that's a bit clearer?

Definitely much clearer although it's a small price to pay for hopefully getting things sorted out.

Also, how do I reset the number of "+vplaylist"'s to the maximum number after deleting the original ones and creating new ones as it seems to be stuck at 5, even though I deleted the last ones that I created so that i could redo them as there seemed to be problems with the previous ones that I created.
I've replied in the Tutorial thread, as we seem to be hijacking this one.

Can someone explain to me where the artwork goes?

I have Frodo 12.2 installed, and am trying to download new banners for my series in gui mode.
I select Banshee (which is on an external harddrive)
I select Banner, and select the top-most mentioned banner.
The plugin says it downloaded the banner, but I can't see it in the banshee folder.
You need to enable 'use local files' in the artwork downloader settings. Otherwise, it just caches it from the net.

• 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ4 - Where to start with "Artwork Downloader" add-on?0