MySQL - change scraper settings
First of all, my knowledge to MySQL is not very good. Though, I was able to set up a MySQL server on one of my raspberry pis, while I am successfully reading that database from my other pi via openelec with xbmc frodo. So far so good.

The problem I have, and to which I nowhere found a solution, is how do I change the settings of the scraper now? In more detail, I seemed to have scraped my movies in english, but I want to set it back to my native language, which is german. In the old days without mysql, I just edited the settings for the certain library item (ie. my movie folder) and changed the language to german.

But now, since I use the mysql database, there is no item resembling my movie folder so I cannot edit it. So I don't know how to change that settings. I cannot delete the database either, 'cause there is no option to just plunge the entries and rebuild it.

Will just re-importing that movie folder with suitable settings override the old ones?

Hope some one is able to help me, thanks in advance.

Edit: Maybe I lack in understanding how scraping works and where the information is stored, so maybe someone of you could enlighten my in that area.
I think you should be able to go into Videos-Files and highlight your movies source. Then in the context menu go to "Change Content". You should be able to reset your scraper from there. I'm not sure about when changing just language settings, but when changing complete scrapers, XBMC then asks if you want to refresh the items in your library. If that doesn't work, set your content to none, apply it and let it update, then reset your scraper again.
The problem was, that I did not have any source, as the movies were already in the (mysql) database. I think I solved the issue by re-adding my movie folder to the sources, specifying the "correct" language that I want to scrape with.

With existing movies, I had to manually update the movies that were wrongly scraped.
You are looking for files view.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Recreate the source, making sure the path is the same. If the path is different then duplicates will be made.

Since you're going to basically rescrape everything, just go into the MySQL command line utility and use the drop command:

Code:
drop database MyVideos75

which will wipe out the original database. Then set up a new source on one of the XBMC devices, scan, and you should be good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL - change scraper settings0