• 2(current)
[WIP] Sketchy
(2013-04-10, 19:05)homerjs Wrote: Nice work, appreciate it. Is it in the realm of possibility to ask for a multi banner view for TV shows rather than the scrolling banner view.
Thanks again

Sure, but not before I finish ironing out the bugs.

edit - Well, actually I began working on something and it went much faster than anticipated (available next week or now in the sVN dev repo):

(2013-04-07, 15:07)homerjs Wrote: Nice skin, running this on ATV2 , works fine but crashes on wall view. Is there a way to disable certain views so I can prevent crashing when trying to get to the views that do work

Thanks

ok, I've added the option to disable views. Should do the trick.
Speaking of bugs...
Big Grin

● When I try to select a playlist for a custom home menu item, I get this blank dialog window.
The same happened with the previous version only the window wasn't skinned.
BTW, why do you ask us to write the Label in all caps when the default main menu items have captions in lower case? Huh

● Is the border around the poster in the following screenshot supposed to be so wide?

● When playing a file that is not in the library, sometimes the info OSD comes out blank. It usually happens the first time I play the file.
Is it a skin or a program bug?

● I still can't find the option to update the library in the main menu Wink
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-04-10, 21:46)minimoe Wrote: Speaking of bugs...
Big Grin

● When I try to select a playlist for a custom home menu item, I get this blank dialog window.
The same happened with the previous version only the window wasn't skinned.

BTW, why do you ask us to write the Label in all caps when the default main menu items have captions in lower case? Huh

I'll remove the "all caps", as it's not necessary. Smile

However, I do have a listing of my favorites items. Did you add your playlist to your favorites through the contextual menu before trying yo add a new home shiortcut?
Quote:● Is the border around the poster in the following screenshot supposed to be so wide?

Yes and no. I didn't worked on the file view... I guess I should add some tweaks there Smile
Quote:● When playing a file that is not in the library, sometimes the info OSD comes out blank. It usually happens the first time I play the file.
Is it a skin or a program bug?

Skin bug. I should add a condition to only show the info OSD if the item is in library. I'll check how to do that.
Quote:● I still can't find the option to update the library in the main menu Wink

When you click on the Home menu (the "S" icon), don't you have "UPDATE VIDEO LIBRARY" and "UPDATE MUSIC LIBRARY" ? Like that :

Thanks again!
Added a new (optional) Dialog Info view for Movies :

(2013-04-10, 22:01)Balinus Wrote: I'll remove the "all caps", as it's not necessary. Smile

However, I do have a listing of my favorites items. Did you add your playlist to your favorites through the contextual menu before trying yo add a new home shiortcut?
Aha! No, I skipped that step. It wasn't necessary with the other skins I use and I forgot to do it.

Quote:Yes and no. I didn't worked on the file view... I guess I should add some tweaks there Smile
Actually, the screenshot wasn't from file view. It was from my library>TV Shows (List view)

Quote:Skin bug. I should add a condition to only show the info OSD if the item is in library. I'll check how to do that.
Don't remove it completely. Leave the filename, at least.

Quote:When you click on the Home menu (the "S" icon), don't you have "UPDATE VIDEO LIBRARY" and "UPDATE MUSIC LIBRARY" ? Like that :
Stupid me... I was looking for it in the submenu, not the Home menu itself. Blush

Quote:Thanks again!
No problem Smile

(2013-04-10, 22:13)Balinus Wrote: Added a new (optional) Dialog Info view for Movies :

Mmmm...beauty.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)
(2013-04-10, 21:44)Balinus Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 15:07)homerjs Wrote: Nice skin, running this on ATV2 , works fine but crashes on wall view. Is there a way to disable certain views so I can prevent crashing when trying to get to the views that do work

Thanks

Wow, fantastic, greatly appreciate your effort.

One more request is it possible to add "Next Aired" for TV shows..or is it there and am I just missing it.
Thanks again.
(2013-04-11, 02:11)homerjs Wrote:
(2013-04-10, 21:44)Balinus Wrote:

Thanks

Wow, fantastic, greatly appreciate your effort.

One more request is it possible to add "Next Aired" for TV shows..or is it there and am I just missing it.
Thanks again.

No problem, if it solves a crashing, it's a good option to have!.

Next Aired is already there. Either on the Home menu (icon named "TV Guide") or through a shortcut on any library view (you need to enable the option through the view settings when you are in your library in version 1.0.2).

Thanks

Could you tell me if the skin is fast on ATV2? Thanks!
Refined the optional DialogInfo View for Movies :

(2013-04-10, 23:34)minimoe Wrote: Actually, the screenshot wasn't from file view. It was from my library>TV Shows (List view)

Well, both use the same xml file to render the view. I've tweaked it a bit so it is more polished.

Quote:Don't remove it completely. Leave the filename, at least.

Actually, it might be an XBMC bug. The infolabel used should return the filename if there's no title in the library. On my laptop, sometimes I get the filename, sometimes I get nothing. Will continue to look at that matter.

Quote:Stupid me... I was looking for it in the submenu, not the Home menu itself. Blush

Well, it would be an idea to also add it to the submenu. Not a lot of work.

Quote:Mmmm...beauty.

Look at the updated screenshot above. Looks more integrated with the skin imho.

Cheers!

edit - I feel that version 1.0.3 is a nearly finished skin. Smile Will send a pull request to the WIP XBMC repository after the weekend, once I'm satisfied with the latest changes. Of course, it's already available through the SVN dev repo (see 1st post). Now, I need to localize the labels.... will take a lot of time!
In v 1.0.1 when accessing the tv guide from the shortcut link in tv shows you would press up selecting the day of the week and large banners of the tv shows next aired episodes would be displayed. This feature doesn't work in v 1.0.2 is this intended?

This was a great feature of the tv guide.
(2013-04-12, 21:19)Kokonutcreme Wrote: In v 1.0.1 when accessing the tv guide from the shortcut link in tv shows you would press up selecting the day of the week and large banners of the tv shows next aired episodes would be displayed. This feature doesn't work in v 1.0.2 is this intended?

This was a great feature of the tv guide.

Yes, it's intended. The feature wasn't ready for "prime time" (some more xml coding was necessary). I plan to add it back though.

Thanks for the feedback!
Something I noticed in the latest version: the Recent Episodes widget displays the episode number in quotes instead of the episode's title.
(2013-04-15, 22:18)minimoe Wrote: Something I noticed in the latest version: the Recent Episodes widget displays the episode number in quotes instead of the episode's title.

oh thanks! My bad. Batch replacing words inside xml files is not always a good solution Smile

Fixed in 1.0.4.
Great.
And something else: the fonts of the Weather widget and the on-screen keyboard are too small. I was trying to "type" something the other day and it is not so easy. The letters "e" and "c" for example look the same on my 42" TV.

The icons you use in the main menu, are they yours or are they part of an icon pack? I want to add more items in the menu but I don't have suitable icons.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] Sketchy6