How is the text positioned over the button by XBMC
if i set up the app to position the text as it shows on the tv for the main menu, and then check the my programs they are at different heights compared to the button, but all the entries for offset y are none! so if there is no entry for the y position, how does xbmc position the text compared to the button?
nevermind i figured it out Smile

incase anyone is interested.

i took the height of the button image subtracted text height and then took half of that and used it as the fixed offset for the text.

basicly find position center of the text to center of the image.
this works great for most buttons but not all, there has to be different ways to position text. all the regular buttons align just right but the buttons in the settings.xml file are way off?

do you guys use this method if no textoffsety is set but if textoffsety<>0 then base off of posy+textoffsety?
no textoffsety -> render @ posy (top of the font)
aligny is set to center -> textoffsety is ignored, rendere @ posy+(height/2) (center of the font).
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
ah yes i didn't even notice they had an aligny set to center Smile that explains it thanks so much!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is the text positioned over the button by XBMC0