Default Movie Sets Artwork
That's exactly what I have. See attached screenshots.
I just installed Kodi on yet another machine (also Win10) and same issue persists, so it's definitely not machine specific.

And the resulting Movie Set image is this (folder.jpg from The Wolverine):

Instead of this (movieset-poster.jpg)
I thought to use Movie Set Artwork, you needed to use the Movie Set Artwork Automator (which is no longer supported in the latest Kodi). Would be nice if the Kodi Wiki had this information in it, regarding naming, and where to store the artwork for this to work.

Like you GRRemlin, I couldn't get this to work either.
Hello GRRemlin,

I have been delving into this issue a bit deeper, and discovered the following...

I have two Kodi setups. My main cinema room setup, and my office setup which I solely use for testing issues like this. Clean install with minimal media scraped. I used my office setup for this.

1. I copied X-Men and X2 over to the office pc. They had nfo and artwork (incl. movieset artwork) scraped by TMM. I scraped into the kodi library and the movieset artwork that was then displayed was incorrect
2. I removed both films from the library and ran a clean library.
3. I removed all TMM artwork and nfo and let Kodi scrape from TVDB. A pointless exercise as we have no control over the artwork, so it did not prove anything.
3. I ran the same test with the Superman collection. Same result. Incorrect artwork.

I can only assume that Kodi does not recognise the "movieset-fanart.jpg" and "movieset-poster.jpg" naming convention and TMM is not aware of it.

The choice as far as I can see it..
1. Use TMM movieset artwork, which Kodi does not recognise for some reason. Maybe TMM has the naming convention wrong
2. Use the Kodi scrape, but you have no control over desired artwork.

In both cases a manual intervention is required.

As for why I have the correct poster displayed on my main HTPC... it is quite possible that over the years I have just manually changed the poster.

Hopefully a developer may have some input.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you for putting your time into testing!
At least now I know that it's not something I am doing wrong.

This is not a deal breaker, but indeed would be nice to have working properly. One can only hope.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default Movie Sets Artwork0