DTS audio plays too fast
Hi,

I have a Apple TV2 with XBMC Frodo 12.1 with a optical cable to my Arcam AVR250 receiver.
When i enable DTS in XBMC and i play DTS wav files the audio plays too fast.
When i disable DTS and i enable AC3 everything plays well but then i miss the DTS sound on my receiver.
Does anybody knows a sollutions for this?

Thnx,

The Dude
Hi everyone,

I have the same problem on my Mac Mini running XBMC Frodo 12, audio connected through digital audio out (SPDIF) to my Yamaha RX V-2700. Any help would be appreciated ... !!!

Thanx!
Max
Same problem 12.2 hackintosh on Denon AVR2805 optical connected, DTS Movies playing fine, DTS Audio faster rate.
need a short example for reproduction (e.x. via dropbox)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I have the same problem.
I play a dts wav,it have 288 second,spent 264 seconds.
the dts wav file's freq is 44100,I think kodi's out freq is 48000
288*44100/48000=264
I think this is reason
Apple TV2 does not support 44.1 AFAIK, so it will be resampled. DTS wav files are normally only found on some CDs, which means they are 44.1khz. I'm surprised you got sound at all (espescially when resampled), although only the lower 14 bits of the 16 usable are used for encoding the DTS stream. Maybe this means that the signal sound isn't resampled, just played faster. In that regard, that might be a bug with Kodi, but it wouldn't help you anyways as a resampled wav signal will probably destroy the DTS signature.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS audio plays too fast0