Live TV
I've been working on a new HTPC build with a Ceton InfiniTV4, ideally to use as a PVR primarily (day to day TV) with Movies, Music, and Pictures coming later.

Currently I am unable to get XBMC/NextPVR add-on to display Live TV content. Currently, Live TV operates/views/records normally via NextPVR 2.6.2 w/patches (SageDCT, Network Recorder, LAV Filters, Schedules Direct) on Win8. Within XBMC/NextPVR and choosing a channel from the EPG, the initial "Working" is noted and the buffer appears to start (in general stays at 00:00 and 0%) with no content being displayed within the interface. However a recording is occurring with my Live TV buffer folder, which I can open/view separately with NextPVR. Video output is currently to a 23" LCD with an Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU, and Analog/2.0 for audio as I am still in testing/build out. Thoughts as to what the issue may be? I am currently on a nightly build, as I was troubleshooting in having the same issue with 12.1.

Thanks for your input.....Jason
I'm having the Exact same problem, however a couple of channels seem to work fine
Are you both running SageDCT 2.7.2 using ffmpeg muxing? It is required because the older ffmpeg in Frodo doesn't like the Ceton ts files

Martin
(2013-06-17, 00:18)emveepee Wrote: Are you both running SageDCT 2.7.2 using ffmpeg muxing? It is required because the older ffmpeg in Frodo doesn't like the Ceton ts files

Martin

Martin,

I'm having almost the exact same issue as the other 2 posters. NPVR works fine. I can timeshift, watch/record multiple channels and change channels with relative ease (I do have to hit escape twice, and go back into TVGuide to change channels, but that's not a huge deal unless it's what is affecting XBMC.)

Swap to XBMC, and I usually can get one standard definition channel to come up, but if I change channels, it stops at "Buffering 0%." 95% of the time HD channels do this even if it's the first channel I've selected.

I tried to get SageDCT 2.7.2, but Andy's blog appears to have some permissions. Is there anything else I can do?

I'm new to this whole LiveTV HTPC thing, I love troubleshooting (I think you'll hear from me a lot in the next few weeks) and so far I've learned a lot from messing around with this stuff. I have a reasonable amount of experience with PC hardware, but I'm not great at software (the NetworkRecorder setup took forever.) Anyways, your help is very appreciated! Here's my general setup:

AMD A10-6800K
Ceton InfiniTV4 USB
SageDCT 2.6.0
NPVR (I've installed the latest patches from rollup R2)

Let me know any more information you need, if you want log files, it would help if you could give me a link to a guide about how to get NPVR/XBMC's logging up and running. Thanks again.

-Matthew
No you really need that donator only version of SageDCT for XBMC since it is an ffmpeg bug in Frodo that stops the files from playing.You might have some better luck with Gotham if you can get the pvr plugins to run.

If changing channels in NextPVR is an issue I'd increase the delay time in NetworkRecorder.xml.

As for changing channels in xbmc I found the PVR foundation code is awful changing the streaming types on the fly with http so that might explain it. Some of the xbmc devs are working at this problem you might want to search out some of the special margo builds. I have given up and just play and exit. Really with so many channels now surfing is old school.

Martin
(2013-06-22, 21:09)emveepee Wrote: No you really need that donator only version of SageDCT for XBMC since it is an ffmpeg bug in Frodo that stops the files from playing.You might have some better luck with Gotham if you can get the pvr plugins to run.

If changing channels in NextPVR is an issue I'd increase the delay time in NetworkRecorder.xml.

As for changing channels in xbmc I found the PVR foundation code is awful changing the streaming types on the fly with http so that might explain it. Some of the xbmc devs are working at this problem you might want to search out some of the special margo builds. I have given up and just play and exit. Really with so many channels now surfing is old school.

Martin

Martin,

I got SAGEDCT 2.7 and it fixed my issues with XBMC (For others, you have to switch the capture method in the last tab. It took me a minute to figure it out.) Very worth the $5 donation. I have XBMC running almost smoothly. My issue is now a server/client one. On the server, I can watch and record up to 4 different channels at the same time. When I throw clients into the mix, they all try to use the same tuner. So say I'm watching channel 5 on the server, and I go to my windows 8 laptop and hit channel 7. The laptop will go to channel 7, but the server will say the tuner is no longer available even though I should have 3 available. How do I get the clients to use a different tuner when one is already in use? Thanks for all your help so far.

-Matthew
@Tokekin your best best is to duplicate the problem and zip and upload your NRecord logs on the nextpvr forums here http://forums.gbpvr.com/forumdisplay.php...and-skins)

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV0