Win RESOLVED - Music scraping be driving me nuts
Wink 
OK folks, I could use some help.

Here is my challenge: 99% of my music scrapes fine. The 1% that does not... I can't seem to be able to change to make it right.

Here is my environment: Multiple XBMC's being managed via a central data DB and MySQL. Lots of local network data connected via SMB. I manage 6 XBMC's through my primary system, a Win7 XBMC running 12.1

Here is what I did to attempt to resolve:

On a different system (laptop), I loaded Media Monkey to make sure that the tag information for the various albums / songs was correct... it was.

I also used windows file properties to doublecheck the tagging of the songs that were giving me problems. Also, same correct info there as well.

In an attempt to try to resolve this, I even removed my source (which removes everything from the XBMC DB), and then I wiper out all .nfo files in "my_mp3's" subdirectory.

Re-added the source, rescanned... and the same exact issues came up.

I then tried to export info to single files, so that .nfo's would be written (thinking I could modify the .NFO and recan that item)... but the specific albums in question did not have any .NFO's that were exported.

Using the XBMC interface, there doesn't appear to be any way to change the item in question (specifically that field that is wrong is "Album Artist").

Any ideas?
ok, well "Album Artist" comes from tags, so .nfo files are meaningless.

You need to grab one of them and take a good look inside it. I'd personally use a hexdump of the start and end as I know what I'm looking for (orphaned tags) but maybe just using something like mp3tag to strip out any current tags and rewrite them will do the trick. MediaMonkey may be able to do this as well. Basically you want to make sure you don't have any other tags that it may be ignoring (yet XBMC may be reading).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-04-06, 08:01)jmarshall Wrote: ok, well "Album Artist" comes from tags, so .nfo files are meaningless.

You need to grab one of them and take a good look inside it. I'd personally use a hexdump of the start and end as I know what I'm looking for (orphaned tags) but maybe just using something like mp3tag to strip out any current tags and rewrite them will do the trick. MediaMonkey may be able to do this as well. Basically you want to make sure you don't have any other tags that it may be ignoring (yet XBMC may be reading).

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks for the tip.

Windows 7 file properties - Didn't fix.
Media Monkey tags - Didn't fix.

MP3Tag - Fixed the problem, was able to strip out all tags, and then I reentered info correctly.

It's all time consuming, but now it's correct.

Thanks!
(2013-04-08, 22:01)zebraitis Wrote:
(2013-04-06, 08:01)jmarshall Wrote: ok, well "Album Artist" comes from tags, so .nfo files are meaningless.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Jonathan,

Thanks for the tip.

Windows 7 file properties - Didn't fix.
Media Monkey tags - Didn't fix.

MP3Tag - Fixed the problem, was able to strip out all tags, and then I reentered info correctly.

It's all time consuming, but now it's correct.

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips too..
I have gone to using MusicBrainz and its working a treat..

for those that dont know it..
https://musicbrainz.org/doc/MusicBrainz_Picard

Just takes time to work through album by album but with the right tags, XBMC pops them right in to the Lib.
Striping the tag completely with mp3tag is a great way of fixing these problems.

The new alphas of xbmc also have musicbrainz tag support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RESOLVED - Music scraping be driving me nuts0