Win How to reset TVServerXBMC plugin settings
I seem to have run into an issue with the TVServerXBMC plugin for media portal

I found on this page, that Marcel who I presume is the developer of the plugin is a user here
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/

My question is with regards to where the plugin stores it's configuration as I'd like to wipe that out and start fresh
The plugin settings are stored inside the MediaPortal TVServer database (MySQL or MSSQL).
Under the database "mptvdb" you can find a table called "setting".
The only setting stored there is the TCP port: "TVServerXBMC.port". Its default value is 9596.
The plugin does not have any other settings.

What kind of 'issue' are you experiencing?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
ah, the issue I'm having, i find it rather interesting, it may be an error on my but, but there's shared folder settings for the plugin that I seem to have managed to break on my initial setup of the plugin

I wasn't really able to find any clear instructions for those settings though

now I presume that it maps a shared folder for the timeshift and recording folders which as I understand is for remote clients to be able to access this data?

so lets say the following

c:\movies\timeshift = map to \\hostname\timeshift
c:\movies\recordings = map to \\hostname\recordings

On my two media centers my c:\movies folder is actually a symlink to a network location on my solaris file server where I have an 8tb raidz2 volume so we can see why it's ideal for storage. but only one of the media centers has a tv tuner

so when it asked for unc path, i entered \\srv-data\movies\timeshift which it translated to \\pc-htpc\\\srv-data\movies\timeshift

now that is not proper unc path at all.....

I didn't notice the incorrect path at first, but when i tried to set the recording share to \\srv-data\movies\recordings, it gave me an error about it not being a unique path....

also, curious, the shared folder paths, if they're supposed to work the way I think, I would need to configure those shared paths in windows as well no?

I uninstalled the full mediaportal earlier and cleared all the information, haven't reinstalled yet because i'm pondering ditching windows 8 and going back to 7 because the system is bluescreening (sad face windows 8 bluescreen) halfway through scanning my channels so i'm wondering if it's a platform issue as I have the latest driver installed for my HVR2250

but maybe the above information may help with the plugin development? or maybe you can advise on how to correctly configure the share folder settings?
Ah, that's an interesting one. RIght now, I the plugin assumes that the timeshift and recordings folder of MediaPortal are local folders with respect to the machine where the TVServer is running.
It is currently not possible to override this with a network share from another machine.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
I'm pretty sure i had some funny business happen when i tried to correct it to a local path too

I'm just wrapping up a new install of windows 7. i'm going to finish my updates and install mediaportal. I'll be capturing an image of the system before I try the plugin again, just in case i break stuff, plus I'd like to have a clean image anyway as I may be installing a new SSD in the next couple weeks anyway

but once i grab an image, I'll see if i can reproduce some funny stuff, and if i can, I'll grab some screenshots, and maybe you can let me know if there's any particular log files I should pull if there's any issues?
Well

I finished reinstalling Windows 7, media portal is setup as a server and working. No bluescreen while scanning channels now. I was hoping to use Windows 8 for the ability to completely remove unused features from the hard drive to save disk space, but oh well

I had initially thought the xbmc plugin wasn't working after configuring it. XBMC wasn't able to connect and restarting the service wasn't doing it, a full reboot fixed it though. I had to get some sleep as I'm working overnights, but tomorrow I'll be capturing an image of the system and then I'll look at the shared folder settings and see if I can reproduce some funny business

so far so good though
I took an image of the system earlier finally before trying to configure the shared folder options in the plugin settings

rather than try to set the share paths in the plugin first, i went ahead to the Computer Management settings and created the shared folders for recording and timeshift according to the local paths set in media portal, low and behold, when i went to the tvserverxbmc plugin settings, it had picked up the correct share paths on it's own

maybe this is something that should be updated on the wiki? Because it doesn't talk about these settings at all to be honest, not for the shared folders as far as I could tell.

I've seen a couple posts about the shared folder settings other than mine now since I went searching, and if all that is required to do, is share the local folders from within windows that are configured to be the local paths for recordings and timeshift in order for a remote xbmc system to access a dedicated media portal server, it might help if the wiki reflected this because it only really covers the details for a local installation
Option = TVServerXBMC / Shares, is not in MediaPortal TVServer database (MySQL or MSSQL).
Do not create your own "Create share". But if you intended to enter your UNC (\\192.168.100.55\TimeShifting or ...\capture). It damages. This can be corrected. Open you "capture" or "timeshifting" folder options. Go to sharedFolder Option and disable sharing for this folders. Recreate sharing. Restart TVService.

---

MediaPortal love to use server "hostname". And automatically fills it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to reset TVServerXBMC plugin settings0