A few new user questions?
Hi all, I've been using XBMC Frodo for a couple of months now and there's a few tweaks I'd like to make it anyone could provide any help, I've tried forum searches but either can't find information, or find information for Eden, or conflicting information.

If it's any help heres some system info.

I'm running XBMC standalone, on a machine which started it's life as an Ubuntu 12.04 server. I then added lubuntu-desktop, and then added xbmc. I'm currently using the Transparency skin but I'm not especially attached to it if changing it could solve any of these issues.

Here's the things I'd like to achieve.

1) Output sound via HDMI and Analogue simultaneously.
There are reasons why this would be helpful that I'm too lazy to explain.

2) Reduce bass.
Regardless of the output device selected, most of my movies sound way to bassy, are there any equalizer addons available or any other workaround?

3) A picture slideshow music visualisation.
Or something similar, I generally control my music via UPNP, I can then start a slideshow manually, but every time a new song starts, it kills my slideshow. Also, the slideshow feature doesn't seem to have a randomise option. Ideally, every time I play music, it would use a visualisation which displayed images randomly and recursively selected from a specified folder.

4) Playlists created by multiple remotes.
Is there any kind of feature to allow multiple people to contribute to the currently playing music playlist. Preferably in an Android phone app of some description.
1. Possible if you don't mind stereo output on both. I'm not sure on the details myself (oh man, linux and audio can be a nightmare sometimes), but others have gone down this path and are probably willing to help.

2. In the future XBMC might be getting some abilities like this, but until then it would be something you would have to handle on the OS side of things (like a virtual sound device that uses a filter), or using a hardware EQ.

3. not sure

4. I'm fairly sure this is possible. Or at least, it's a feature on the Official iOS remote to "request" next song, or something to that extent. I don't have an Android device in front of me at the moment to see if they have it too, but probably.
(2013-04-06, 15:39)kev51773 Wrote: 1) Output sound via HDMI and Analogue simultaneously.
There are reasons why this would be helpful that I'm too lazy to explain.

2) Reduce bass.
Regardless of the output device selected, most of my movies sound way to bassy, are there any equalizer addons available or any other workaround?
Bitstream through HDMI to AVR for decoding is the easiest way to control everything. If it is too much bass, you can simply lower subwoofer volume or lower it through AVR speaker level calibration. What you posted above, it sound more like your system is not properly calibrated. If it is properly calibrated, bass/mid/hi should be very balance. If you haven't try Dynamic volume option, you can give it a try too....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A few new user questions?0