Localized wiki
Some (thousands ¿millions?) users of xbmc have a poor command of English.
Many questions are explained in the wiki, but they do not understand.
If not localized forums, how about localized wiki pages.
Team XBMC provides the infrastructure (housing, paths, original material in english) and community translates the articles to many other idioms

Good bye google translator
that is already supported. you can create them in your own language
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
how fast. XD
yeah. now that I see... "in other languajes"
Only ¿russian?. Yes.
Any easy howto?...
I open a english wiki page. Google traduces it. I correct to make sense. And reupload to my mirror wiki in my idiom.
something easy for people (even noobs) to not panic and help with their two cents.

How the Russians have created all this structure? from scratch or copied englis wiki? How do I start? Who do you ask for permission? What privileges should be taken?
An blog article can help. I think
There's only one or two pages linked to the Russian wiki, and we don't actually have much of any communication with them. If you want, we can either link to another wiki, or you can make language pages directly on our wiki (would be easy to set up), and both could have the multi-language links on the side.

All text content on the XBMC wiki (and most images) are CC-BY-SA, which gives anyone permission to use the content, as long as they link back and allow others to use their content too. A simple link in the "edit summary", so it shows up in the history, is sufficient. If the pages are on our wiki, then that's not really required.

Let me know if you would like to use a separate wiki or just use our wiki for the additional language versions.
(2013-04-06, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: There's only one or two pages linked to the Russian wiki, and we don't actually have much of any communication with them. If you want, we can either link to another wiki, or you can make language pages directly on our wiki (would be easy to set up), and both could have the multi-language links on the side.
so, russian wiki is external to XBMC team wiki
(2013-04-06, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: All text content on the XBMC wiki (and most images) are CC-BY-SA, which gives anyone permission to use the content, as long as they link back and allow others to use their content too. A simple link in the "edit summary", so it shows up in the history, is sufficient. If the pages are on our wiki, then that's not really required.
What I understood: I can use, copy, saying came from. CC: Creative Commons. Otherwise, I do not know. Big Grin
(2013-04-06, 20:28)Ned Scott Wrote: Let me know if you would like to use a separate wiki or just use our wiki for the additional language versions.
As you can see, I'm not exactly a high-level programmer. I am a grateful user to your work and would like some help to you and to all people interested in this theme. Just look at the number of blogs with articles that attempt to explain to the newbies how to do many things with this impressive program. And usually seen forum posts of people with limited English. XBMC is already a global product with more and more users, but less skilled. And the wiki is limited to a single language
What I will not do is to create a wiki in Spanish (my language), host and maintain it. This idea scares me, and is beyond my ability. This subforum is about suggestions to improve the site. and my idea was this (well see if I can explainl).
The English wiki already created (or why you are) and team xbmc host. Ned is the wiki guy. The idea was that team xbmc host the other languages ​​(so it was official). Simply "mirror" the pages as they are in English, and a language side menu as in wikipedia. Just at the top the pages in another language would put "this page is still untranslated. Translating it can help us." People like me with basic knowledge and some google translate would do the job.
Like I'm a little ingenuous, but I think you would the wiki translated into all languages soon ​​without much effort (except for Ned). I guess I would have to appoint a "wiki guy" for the other languages ​​for the thing not go out of hand

Summarize the idea: if you put it easy, people are willing to help.
I think.

Google traductor seal of approval Tongue
We can do that, no problem. Let me set something up and I'll get back to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Localized wiki0