Win Unhandled exception in CApplication::CreateGUI()
Hi All,

I've been keen to try XBMC for some time and have finally got round to installing it.
However, I cannot get it to run.
I've searched the forum to see if anyone has similar issues, and whilst I can find a few posts, none of them have any solutions that work for me. I have installed the most up to date drivers for my graphics card, and run dxdiag to see if there are any issues - but it all checks out ok.
I've enabled the debugging in the advancedsettings.xml file, and I can see I am getting an error:
Unhandled exception in CApplication::CreateGUI() : Win32 exception (code:0xc000001d) at 0x006cae9f

My log file can be found here: http://pastebin.com/8Y6sh22s

But high level info of my system is:
XBMC version 12.1
Windows XP SP3
AMD Sempron 2400
Nvidia GeForce 6200

I also have stacktrace and stackdump if it would be useful to anyone.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jason
please upload the dmp file and the stacktrace somewhere.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I think the videocard is to old.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
might be but I would like to know where we throw that exception and if we could handle it nicely.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hi,

sorry for the delay - 2 small children make it hard to find the time.
Anyways Stack trace and Dump log can be found here (zipped)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8o6Kuae...sp=sharing

Let me know if you can't download from there.

I couldn't find any requirements for vidoecard other than it had to be Direct X 9 compatible so apologies if it is too old.
If the card is to old - how does XBMC run on a R Pi? Surely my GPU is as good as that....

My intention is to replace MediaPortal with XBMC running on a R Pi - but I want to see what the XBMC gui and Android remote features are like (mainly for music) before I invest the time in that approach.
but you didn't really need to know that...

thanks again

Jason
As usual the dmp file produced no other information than illegal instruction.

I'm not in our graphics code but we use some functionality which isn't available on older cards and thats windows only as rpi uses Linux only which hasn't that requirement.
Thanks for taking a look.
I'll find some other way to try it out. I won't get a better card to fit in my Shuttle!

Thanks again.

Jason
try a distro openelec or xbmcubuntu (or whatever it is named). It's Linux based and should work well on your setup.
Hi

I also recently installed xbmc 12.2 on a old htpc and got this same error message
ERROR: Unhandled exception in CApplication::CreateGUI() : Win32 exception (code:0xc000001d) at 0x006cabcf

And after googling it I ended up here.

My computer and the setup is similar to paceman
Windows XP SP3
AMD Sempron 3000+
Nvidia GeForce 6600 gt
1gb ram

But I knew my hardware wasn't too old or weak to run xbmc because I have had xbmc on this computer before and it worked fine then. So I started testing older versions of xbmc one by one.I found that latest working stable release of xbmc was 10.1

Then I did some more testing with xbmc 11 releases. All of them crashed but one gave me error message, which led me to this thread
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119757&page=4

And after doing like they instructed in post 32, I got xbmc-11.0-Eden_beta3 working.

I'm still looking a way to get xbmc 12 to work but I hope this helps paceman and developers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unhandled exception in CApplication::CreateGUI()0