Static in sound playing any video rips
I get a static hiss when I try to play the disks through XBMC but work fine when played through MPlayer OSX Extended. I recall reading something about the BBC Blu-Ray and sound but can't find anything addressing this. Right NOTHING (whether .mkv .mp4 or .vob) plays sound through XBMC on my Mac Mini 10.8.3 and Frodo

Thanks, Rich
turn off the dts/ac3 options in system-system-audio
(2013-04-07, 00:51)Memphiz Wrote: turn off the dts/ac3 options in system-system-audio

Thanks very much!. nteresting, I gave it some more analysis and tested settings. The output from my Mac Mini goes to a Monoprice HDMI splitter; one lead to the Integra DTR 40.2 the other to the Viewsonic in my Study. The study speakers are the ones going crazy with hissing. I did some experimenting

Setting __________________Integra_____________________Study Monitor
LPCM on AC3 on DTS on___Normal sound_________________Hissing
LPCM on AC3 on DTS off___B/G Music, no voice____________B/G Music, no voice
LPCM on AC3 off DTS off___B/G Music, no voice____________B/G Music, no voice
LPCM off AC3 off DTS off___Nothing______________________Nothing

I can live with hissing in the Study. Is there somewhere I can read an explanation of what's going on here? I'm curious about it all.

Again, Thanks
I would have to write it and don't have enough time atm...
(2013-04-07, 11:33)Memphiz Wrote: I would have to write it and don't have enough time atm...

I understand completely, that's why I asked about some existing source. It's likely that the same matrixed signal that goes to the receiver bollocks up the simple stereo circuit on the television. Don't bother further, it's all 'magic.' Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Static in sound playing any video rips0