Solved Recording fails to open
Hi!

Yesterday I started to play around with OpenElec and VNSI.
I have a yavdr 0.5 with VNSI-Plugin (Plugin from seahawk1986 repository).
So far almost everything works, Live-TV, EPG, Timers, Recording List but I can't watch any recordings.

The recording directory is on FreeNAS and mounted with NFS to the yavdr (I tried it with CIFS too).
When I try to watch a record I get these messages on the yavdr system:
Code:
Apr  6 22:22:46 yavdr01 vdr: [2589] VNSI: openFile called for index 0 string:/srv/vdr/video.00/Katzenjammer/Katzenjammer/2013-04-06.19.08.14-0.rec/00001.ts
Apr  6 22:22:46 yavdr01 vdr: [2589] VNSI: file failed to open

The only messages I found on the OpenElec machine are these:
Code:
22:22:46 T:3016648448  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: pvr://recordings/Katzenjammer/Katzenjammer, TV (VOX Austria), 20130406_171000.pvr
22:23:17 T:2805975872   ERROR: Open - error probing input format, pvr://recordings/Katzenjammer/Katzenjammer, TV (VOX Austria), 20130406_171000.pvr
I guess the last message is because I restarted the vdr process since nothing else helped to stop the file failed to open messages.

I found a post over at vdr-portal so I tried to switch to cifs too but that didn't change anything.

Could anybody please help me to fix this issue?
You don't have set vdr to limit files to 2gb, do you? Opening files larger than 2GB over nfs may lead to problems.
Another problem might be that the plugin was not built correctly. This happens when make does not find vdr's Makefile, then the LARGEFILE option is not set.
No, I've set the splitting size to a very high value so splitting doesn't happen.
The file size of the record I've tried yesterday is about 2,5 GB so maybe you've found the issue already...
I will try it with a short recording later when I'm back home.
Not that in case of the plugin was build incorrectly, you may encounter more issues.
Bad news... I tried it now with a new recording (size 1,3 GB) and it still doesn't work.
Again I tried it with nfs and cifs... The error messages are the same then yesterday.
You say vdr itself can open the file?
Then I guess the plugin was built incorrectly. I have seen this several times. The plugins needs to be compiled with exactly the same options as vdr. Your version may be built without the O_LARGEFILE switch. Maybe open fails because it can't even handle the large partition.
Another thing I tried now was to add the recording directory as a video source in XBMC.
I can watch the recordings then without any problem.

(2013-04-07, 11:24)FernetMenta Wrote: You say vdr itself can open the file?
Then I guess the plugin was built incorrectly. I have seen this several times. The plugins needs to be compiled with exactly the same options as vdr. Your version may be built without the O_LARGEFILE switch. Maybe open fails because it can't even handle the large partition.

The vdr itself outputs the "file failed to open" message. I can't try to play it on the local machine since it is a headless server.
I have another vdr system that mounts the same recoding directory then the vdr-server (with NFS, directory is on the freenas machine), everything works there.
Only with openelec and VNSI I can't watch any recordings.

EDIT: another try with a 20MB record didn't work too. Do you realy think that could be caused by the LARGEFILE switch?
I checked the build log of the packager and it look ok. Can you post a listing of the directory? e.g.:
/srv/vdr/video.00/Katzenjammer/Katzenjammer/2013-04-06.19.08.14-0.rec
Ok, found the issue. open uses a flag which is not available on NFS. Not sure why, some heritage code Smile
That sounds great, do you have a idea how to fix it already?
And why doesn't it work with cifs then?
No need for a filesystem to support O_NOATIME. I have fixed it in vnsi4 which will hit opdenkamp repo soon: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-...f55a8f926e

Ridiculous that this flag was used for this purpose.
Thanks, I just downloaded the sources for the vnsiserver3, changed the code, compiled it and now it works Smile Smile Smile
(2013-04-07, 15:03)FernetMenta Wrote: No need for a filesystem to support O_NOATIME. I have fixed it in vnsi4 which will hit opdenkamp repo soon: https://github.com/FernetMenta/xbmc-pvr-...f55a8f926e

Ridiculous that this flag was used for this purpose.
FullACK. I've already removed this option for my own purposes (ACL), but unfortunately forgot to inform you
Kodi 18.6 @ openSUSE 13.1 x86_64 - Asus E35M1-I DELUXE | 8GB Ram | 240G 2.5" SSD
Kodi 20.2 on 1st Raspberry Pi B @ XBian | Kodi 20.2 on Raspberry Pi 3B+ @ XBian | Kodi 21a2 on Raspberry Pi4B @ XBian | Kodi 19.0 on SolidRun i.MX6 @ XBian
VDR 2.4.5 & Tvheadend4.3-1917 (for recording) on Cubieboard2 @ Debian Buster

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recording fails to open0