force 100% volume for non passthrough audio
I have been trawling through advancedsettings.xml on the wiki but cant find a solution.

Every time I play a non passthrough audio format the xbmc volume becomes active. This always lowers the output dramatically as xbmc volume does not default to 100%.

Anyone know how I prevent xbmc from doing this?
Once you set it to 100% it should just stay there. I do this on some TVs and just use the TV remote for volume control, instead of XBMC's volume control. Are you using a smartphone control app or something? That might be accidentally lowering the volume for some reason.
Hi Ned,

The only time I use a smartphone app is on the rare occasion I want to use the keyboard with Yatse. Other than that I use a harmony that controls my av receivers volume, which is what confuses me as it doesn't have the ability to turn the xbmc volume down in the first place. This normally results in someone turning the volume up on the amp to stupid levels in order to reach an audible volume, only for the next person to come along and get the shock of their life when playing something that uses pass through.

I will test the yatse scenario tonight though just to rule it out but I cant see it being that. I am right in thinking that because xbmc should remember the volume level there isn't a way to force 100%? Or disable the limit entirely, e.g. being left with audio either on or off (if this is possible).
Check guisettings.xml for

Code:
<fvolumelevel>1.000000</fvolumelevel>

where 1.000000 is 100%

Anything less than that and the volume has been decreased through XBMC.
Alternatively attach keyboard and press + until volume reaches 100
(2013-06-25, 20:24)Kibje Wrote: Alternatively attach keyboard and press + until volume reaches 100

Great input, thanks.
If you use Airplay occasionally, this might set the XBMC sound level to something else. See http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=154653

Every XBMC 13 ('Gotham') build done after April 1st 2013 will restore the sound level to what it was before you airplayed.
In case this was the cause and you do not want to switch over to gotham yet, you will have to live with restoring the volume manually - sorry.
I am an airplay user so this may be the cause.
Can i mix and match gotham and frodo simultaneously when using mysql? (I use openelec and windows on different devices) If not I will probably map the SetVolume(100[,showvolumebar]) function to the remote for the time being.

Cheers for the help.
Mhh well i looked into that airplay code again and following thing is happening:

When airplay starts it saves the current xbmc volume. Now the airplay client is allowed to change the volume (itunes/streaming music via airplay can alter volume if the client supports it).

Now when the airplay stream is finished we set the volume back to what it was before. Thinking about this - it can't really be the problem. (i know i stated different at some other thread - but that was just by not thinking through the mechanism fully).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Wink 
That abolishes the airplay theory. Undecided
Memphiz, that code was only pushed to master at the first of april 2013, correct ? (See PR2438)

Frodo would not have this code if I read correctly.
(2013-06-26, 11:51)wgards8 Wrote: I am an airplay user so this may be the cause.
Can i mix and match gotham and frodo simultaneously when using mysql? (I use openelec and windows on different devices) If not I will probably map the SetVolume(100[,showvolumebar]) function to the remote for the time being.

Cheers for the help.

Not if you want to use the same database Wink
(2013-06-26, 19:24)Kibje Wrote: Memphiz, that code was only pushed to master at the first of april 2013, correct ? (See PR2438)

Frodo would not have this code if I read correctly.

yep it is not in frodo ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
force 100% volume for non passthrough audio0