Video question
Hello, I am new to XBMC. I have been using HTPC's for several years now. Using MyMovies with MediaCenter. I am looking to use XBMC for something more stable. I am still using MyMovies for my management and meta data. I have installed XBMC and pointed it to my movies directory. I am able to play the movies, my question is when I click on Videos it displays as a folder tree I am trying to get it setup to show as coverflow. I think thats how to explain it. I have been searching but have not found anything, everything I have seen shows that it should just work.

Thank you in advance.
Sounds like you missed steps 6 & 7 from this portion of the wiki. I did too at first, and it seems to be a common error.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Vid...ia_sources

Once you select movies and XBMC knows how to scrape the content of the folder, you should see a "Movies" option added to the home menu and no longer need to go through "Videos". You should also be able to configure the skin to display the files in several different views other than a file tree structure.

Hope this helps.
Update: I configured the scrapers setting to use "themoviedb.org" which as I understand will bypass the fact the mymovies is already managing the movies. now when i goto movies on the home screen in the blank space above the menu bar I see thumbnails of recently added. I only have two movies in there right now for testing so those are all I see right now. So I guess my question now is how do I set it to show all the movies since eventually these won't be recently added?
Highlight movies on the home menu and press enter on the KB, or OK on your remote, or just click on movies with a mouse. That should take you to all movies. Once you are in there you can then configure the layout you want as well.
Diggs, thank you for the responses. I was able to change the view. Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video question0