Win Using emulators
I'm having some trouble at the moment getting XBMC to launch an emulator - can anyone help?

I'm using XBMC 12.1 and trying to use Gens/GS. I've tried setting up both Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser but I have the same issue with both - XBMC minimises as expected, the emulator opens but does not open the selected ROM.

I suspect the issue is with the argument that's being used. For both AL and RCB I'm using "%ROM%" which I understand should be the correct argument from the wikis I've read on this, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried using "%ROMNAME%" just in case as well but I receive an error message saying the ROM cannot be found. The ROMs are in .bin format and I believe I've configured both AL and RCB to understand this (they've picked them up through scraping, at the very least).

I'm aware that I should be posting some logs in the first instance, so if someone could please point me in the direction of where I can find instructions on how to do this, that would be very much appreciated. Unless of course, someone already knows the solution for the issue I'm having! Thanks in advance.
(2013-04-09, 10:48)DeusXM Wrote: I'm having some trouble at the moment getting XBMC to launch an emulator - can anyone help?

I'm using XBMC 12.1 and trying to use Gens/GS. I've tried setting up both Advanced Launcher and Rom Collection Browser but I have the same issue with both - XBMC minimises as expected, the emulator opens but does not open the selected ROM.

I suspect the issue is with the argument that's being used. For both AL and RCB I'm using "%ROM%" which I understand should be the correct argument from the wikis I've read on this, but it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried using "%ROMNAME%" just in case as well but I receive an error message saying the ROM cannot be found. The ROMs are in .bin format and I believe I've configured both AL and RCB to understand this (they've picked them up through scraping, at the very least).

I'm aware that I should be posting some logs in the first instance, so if someone could please point me in the direction of where I can find instructions on how to do this, that would be very much appreciated. Unless of course, someone already knows the solution for the issue I'm having! Thanks in advance.
What you can try first is to start XBMC into a terminal, then use AL or RCB and try start one of your roms. If there is an error into the way Gens/GS emulator start the rom, the error message will be displayed into the terminal windows.
Thanks Angelscry - apologies for being a complete noob with this, but how do I start XMBC into a terminal? I'm using a windows system so I've tried using the command prompt but this doesn't show any output when I try to start a rom.

What is also happening is that Gens/GS is now crashing when I try to load a rom through either AL or RCB. It does not do this if I run the emulator as a standalone program and then add a rom from the menu so I think this means the issue is with the process that occurs between XBMC and the emulator rather than emulator itself, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using emulators0