Move XBMC from data drive to SSD
I'm sure this has been covered already but have hunted and cant find an answer. I have a dedicated XMBC machine with an SSD and a Data drive. I installed XBMC onto the data drive but it seems pretty slow.
I therefore in an attempt to speed it up want to move it to the SSD (I have the thumbnails stored remotely on a NAS) but don't want to lose my exiting settings by re-installing. Can someone please advise of the process to move to my SSD.
Thanks
I've been searching for the same thing. My thought was to back up usrdata directory and replace it on a fresh xbmc install on the ssd. I think this would transfer settings but would like to make sure before I start.

Edit. Ok changing search keywords a little I found this post.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153173
It's for Linux but there might be some usefull info for you.
Main HTPC/Server, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0
ASUS Chromebox, Ubuntu 18.04, Leia 18.0, Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO Mod
Presumption that your SSD is the boot win drive now, reinstall the latest version of XBMC, then I'd suggest copying your entire roaming folder to the roaming folder on the SSD, you should be good... if you've redirected your thumbs to your NAS, that would be the bottle neck.
I couldnt wait for a response. I just reinstalled on the C Drive (SSD) and all worked fine, it picked up all my setttings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Move XBMC from data drive to SSD0