TV Info from thetvdb not showing up.
This my be just a user(me) issue but I am not sure.
TV Shows for Animations.
The Animations: D.Gray-man

This is my sourceConfusedmb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D Gray man
I also tried:This is my sourceConfusedmb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D.Gray-man
I do have others that do work! And I have ones that do not work, like this one!
So don't have any fan art showing up.

I have this showing up after I scan my TV Shows Folder

21:42:30 T:6704 WARNING: No information found for item 'smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D Gray man/', it won't be added to the library.
21:42:30 T:6704 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D.Gray-Man/' does not exist - skipping scan.
21:42:30 T:6704 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D.Gray-Man/Season 1/' does not exist - skipping scan.

www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79635&lid=7 has the info for this. So I don't know why it would show the info in XBMC

This happens on Openlec and Windows version of xbmc 12.1!

2nd is this process of getting tv info/fan art called scraping? (just want to get my terms correct)
any help would be great!
So My I must have a formatting issue
My Source Folder path:
smb://MYBOOKLIVE/Media/TV Shows/D.Gray-Man
TV Shows
|----D.Gray-Man
| |----Season 1
| |--S01E01.The Boy Who Hunts Akuma.avi
I used the renamer windows utility to rename it
from D.Gray-Man.1x001.avi to S01E01.The Boy Who Hunts Akuma.avi

If any one know where I messed up, please point me in the right direction
thanks
Oh boy, that title has no luck (but it's not your fault)...

Firstly, if there's no spaces or underscores in the title, XBMC will assume any periods are actually spaces, so when it sends the title to the scraper, it actually looks like "D Gray-Man". The TVDB API search then fails to match that to "D.Gray-Man".

But XBMC is not finished! Getting no matches, it tries again, this time assuming that the problem must be the dash, it replaces the dash with a space. Since there now is a space in the title, the period isn't replaced - result: "D.Gray Man"... No matches!

Two ways around it:

Quick and dirty. Go to the series folder in XBMC (in File view) and press 'i' (or bring up the context menu and select TV show information). XBMC will try and fail to scrape the title, and then present you with the opportunity to manually fix it. Add a space to the end.

The permanent fix. Create a file called "tvshow.nfo" directly in the D.Gray-Man folder, and copy the TVDB URL to the show (http://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=79635 ) into that file. Then the folder name doesn't matter.
So the tvshow.nfo work for the root folder.
But for season 1 became Formula 1 Season Review

So just to clarify my file in Season 1
are in the format:
S01E01.The Boy Who Hunts Akuma.001.avi

Thanks for the help
(2013-04-10, 00:17)scudlee Wrote: Quick and dirty. Go to the series folder in XBMC (in File view) and press 'i' (or bring up the context menu and select TV show information). XBMC will try and fail to scrape the title, and then present you with the opportunity to manually fix it. Add a space to the end.
This worked Perfectly. Thanks for all your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Info from thetvdb not showing up.0