• 5(current)
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing
I've found that with the 4/16 build on ubuntu sometimes the 'pause on refresh' option isn't honored, and the video played stays 'paused' even after the specified amount of time on a refresh change. I can manually resume the video, but this did not happen with 12.1... is this a known issue?
(2013-04-17, 04:07)isamudaison Wrote: I've found that with the 4/16 build on ubuntu sometimes the 'pause on refresh' option isn't honored, and the video played stays 'paused' even after the specified amount of time on a refresh change. I can manually resume the video, but this did not happen with 12.1... is this a known issue?

Probably not. If you can reproduce it then please include a debug log (wiki), and the devs will be able to look at it.
16 April 2013 test builds are now ready.

Raspberry Pi: Also, rbej was able to do an OpenELEC build for Raspberry Pi for us. Thanks rbej! It's actually for April 14th, but I forgot to add the link. Only a few additions have been made since the 14th, so it would still be helpful if Raspberry Pi users could test that build and check for bugs. When a few more changes go in, I'll ask for an updated build.
(2013-04-17, 05:28)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 04:07)isamudaison Wrote: I've found that with the 4/16 build on ubuntu sometimes the 'pause on refresh' option isn't honored, and the video played stays 'paused' even after the specified amount of time on a refresh change. I can manually resume the video, but this did not happen with 12.1... is this a known issue?

Probably not. If you can reproduce it then please include a debug log (wiki), and the devs will be able to look at it.

I'll set it up & try to repro. On the plus side, there is no sign of the rather big memory leak on the windows build present in 12.1.
(2013-04-17, 06:54)isamudaison Wrote: On the plus side, there is no sign of the rather big memory leak on the windows build present in 12.1.

it was indeed fixed and should now no longer crash when having it minimized for a longer time
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I just found a repro'able bug: full-screening a visualization (projectM) while playing flac crashes xbmc. Did not happen in 12.1.

Debug log

Crash log
Any chance you can get gdb installed so we can get a backtrace?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

18 April 2013 test builds are now ready.

The server's timestamp shows April 19th, but the builds will say 18th due to the last commit being on the 18th (I think that's what happened).

Will try to ping people about updating Linux and R-Pi builds, though not much has changed. Still, we want to make sure even small changes haven't introduced new issues, so hopefully we'll have those builds posted soon.
My first time submitting logs, please be gentle. (I can't tell you for certain if this is a new or existing issue, I came straight from 12.0 and didn't read the notes in the first post until after collecting logs, sorry)

This is using http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/darw...o-atv2.deb
ATV2 is running 5.2 ATV software/6.1 iOS.

All files accessed through SMB shares.

Issue 1:
Normally I watch all movies/tv through the Video/Files setting because I've never had issues with it. If I go through the Movies tab (ie. the Library) it usually crashes while either browsing up and down, or when I click to play a movie. In this debug, it's when I clicked to play a movie. XBMC crashes out to the ATV2 screen, I reran XBMC and uploaded the logs (I believe you only need the .old logs, but I included both).

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12902
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12903

Issue 2:
I am using the screensaver slideshow that displays files that reside on an SMB share. Once it starts displaying the files, I rarely have an issue. However, when it first starts to load and shows the big spinning circle, if I try to cancel by pressing a button, it usually crashes. XBMC crashes out to the ATV2 screen, I reran XBMC and uploaded the logs (I believe you only need the .old logs, but I included both).

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12904
Your debug xbmc.old.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12905
(2013-04-19, 07:34)jmarshall Wrote: Any chance you can get gdb installed so we can get a backtrace?

On it, I'll get the log when I get home from work!
Hello,

XBMC 12.1 and pre-12.2 crashes on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits.

1) I selected a folder for videos;
2) I selected a folder for pictures;
3) I try to select a folder for music then XBMC crash.

The logs are: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0...sp=sharing
Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mac Mini HDMI pre 12.2 x64 19.4

no sound output with movies mp3 stereo audio
worked in previous build ( one channel, but it worked )
(2013-04-19, 07:34)jmarshall Wrote: Any chance you can get gdb installed so we can get a backtrace?

Hm I've installed gdb and captured the logs, but they look the same... is there anything special I have to do to capture the process w/ gdb?
(2013-04-21, 07:37)isamudaison Wrote:

Hm I've installed gdb and captured the logs, but they look the same... is there anything special I have to do to capture the process w/ gdb?

Ok, I was able to attach gdb to xbmc, and when I trigger the crash, it only reports this:

[Thread 0xaf5ffb40 (LWP 1459) exited]
[New Thread 0xaf5ffb40 (LWP 1460)]
[New Thread 0x9ee94b40 (LWP 1461)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb2a4a6ae in ?? ()

I guess I'm not terribly certain how to get it into a 'console output mode' for xbmc's error stacks.
(2013-04-21, 07:47)isamudaison Wrote:
(2013-04-21, 07:37)isamudaison Wrote:

Ok, I was able to attach gdb to xbmc, and when I trigger the crash, it only reports this:

[Thread 0xaf5ffb40 (LWP 1459) exited]
[New Thread 0xaf5ffb40 (LWP 1460)]
[New Thread 0x9ee94b40 (LWP 1461)]

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xb2a4a6ae in ?? ()

I guess I'm not terribly certain how to get it into a 'console output mode' for xbmc's error stacks.

Oh geeze... I must be suffering psychological trauma from having the fam visit this weekend... here's the crashlog with full debugging available in it: crashlog

Hope this helps!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing2