• 6(current)
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing
any crashes known when you stop a movie?

◦A debug log
xbmc.old.log:
http://sprunge.us/EQAa
xbmc.log after xbmc respawns:
http://sprunge.us/hFVH
◦The build date (in the download URL or in system info on XBMC)
12.2-PRE Git:f1016fc
◦Details about your system (OS, hardware specs, etc)
AMD Fusion, Foxconn A3500 running OpenELEC 3.0.1
◦Steps needed to reproduce the issue (play a movie, go to a file list, use an add-on, etc)
Play movie, let it play for a little while and then stop it. Using the JSON-RPC with the xbmc remote app on IOS.
◦Was this broken in v12.0 or v12.1
Happened in 12.0 less frequently than 12.2. It looks almost 100% reproducable in 12.2
◦If you know of a Trac (bugtracker) ticket for this issue, include that too
haven't found a similar report
cviniciusm, JensGH, cowbalt, at the very least, you must tell us if this was an issue on XBMC v12 and/or v12.1
Sorry Ned,

I had never this "missing sound with mp3/avi" problem with any version of XBMC before.
It is only now with xbmc-20130418-0260bd1-Frodo-x86_64.dmg and xbmc-20130418-0260bd1-Frodo-i386.dmg
Thank you for the clarification.
New bug, on my system anyhow. Was using 12 which was ok, and loaded 12.2 20130414-e2c3799, and updated to 20130418-0260bd1 today, which both exhibit a problem in "Music" where depending on how you access it, has a popping static sound. Figured it had to be a problem with my computer, but found it depends on how you access it in XBMC makes a difference.
Running on Win 7 x64 Pro, i7 with 8Gb memory.
To produce the problem I'm using the sky.fm add-ons. (I have not tried other add-on's at this point.)
Going into music, and selecting the sky.fm add-ons, and the the station (using Smooth Jazz, but duplicated this problem on others), the station plays fine.
Before leaving this, add the station to favorites.
Now go home, favorites, and choose the station from the list.
The station now has a different "sound" to it, where it seems to sound a bit clearer, however there is the sound of static, or a popping noise.
Going back to selecting from the sky.fm menu, everything is fine. It's only when selected from the favorites list off the home page.
If you can't duplicate the problem, it must be something here at my end.
gellenb, can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when both happens? I do not have a Windows machine, and my iOS/Mac OS X machines cannot reproduce the issue (which is no surprise, since iOS/OSX use very different code for audio). The debug log will contain lots of information about what is going on with audio.
Just did it. Started out with using the menu and add-on where it works, then about 30 seconds later, went and selected the same station from the favorites menu. Anything else, please let me know.
Thanks

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=13569
Seems I can reproduce part of this. While I don't ever get any static/popping, I can confirm that going to "Smooth Jazz" on Sky.FM via favorites seems to access a higher quality audio stream on average. Just as it shows in your log file, one stream is near 38 kb/s (from add-on) while the other is near 53 kb/s (from favorites).

I think this is because XBMC dynamically gets a stream, probably based on some quick speed test. XBMC getting a better stream from favorites might be simply that less is going on for network traffic (it's not pulling down a fresh list of stations, for example). There were test runs where I got nearly identical bitrates on both add-on and favorites, though on average favorites seemed to be higher. This happens on XBMC v12.0, v12.1 and v12.2pre (4-18).

This doesn't explain the actual issue, the static/popping, but it might be a clue about the cause.
Thanks,
Don't remember it happening on 12, but it wasn't all that long ago I started to setup the favorites, so it's possible.
The only thing that I was able to pick out of the logs was that at 18:20:01 T:8364 the the PAPlayer started playback, and then at 18:20:41 T:8364 the PAPlayer was terminated, and then the DVDPlayer opened the stream, which was about the time I switched to the favorites.
In any case, sorry I didn't pick that up when I was back on 12 as this thread was just for new problem. If I can provide anything later on, let me know. For now, it works fine from the add-on, and I'll just use that.
It still might be a new issue for v12.2, the crackling that is.
Crackling is not a new issue, quite a few threads about it (mostly intel but happens on Nvidia too- I have the lather) its been there for a while since 12.0 and up 12.1 and up until current git. Its a bugger because log shows nothing not ever discontinuity errors.

One of the threads about crackilng/popping http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=156006

uNI
(2013-04-20, 12:28)JensGH Wrote: Mac OS X 10.8.3 Mac Mini HDMI pre 12.2 x64 19.4

no sound output with movies mp3 stereo audio
worked in previous build ( one channel, but it worked )

You may have a look in
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=162358

I had similiar issues with stereo at mp3 sound track
What made this a bit more unique is that the audio can be played two different ways in XBMC, both ways send the output to the same port - the external speakers. One way works perfectly fine, the other, has the static and popping. I had this sound problem in the past, prior to XBMC, on this system, and another one, both ASUS. Some programs played the media fine, others made it choppy and static sounding. I dealt with it by using only programs that worked on the PC's, until I was forced to deal with it on the PC that was in public for presentations had to use it's broadcasting software. I ended up finding out that ASUS has a program called EPU-6 (may be newer now) that controlled the CPU, power, and more. This program was to "save money(energy)". It would scale back the CPU or even allow easy overclocking. Once I locked that at the base settings, the problem went away. Ultimately, I removed the software so it wouldn't get activated again, and the problems went away on both machines and never came back. That was the first thing I thought of when this came up on XBMC, but it's not installed, and the other programs I had problems with in the past, all work fine. Since it works fine one way in XBMC, I don't think it's a hardware problem, but possibly the way the hardware is being accessed, and the differences between how it chooses to play the stream from the add-on vs the favorites.
I've found that with the 4/18 win32 build I still have a memory leak in windows 7 x64 (albeit much slower than before). When I first start xbmc, it takes around ~45mb ram. I run it minimized, and after 4 days it's at 108 MB. The only thing this instance does is run the 'scheduled library update' plugin (NOT the watchdog plugin). Is there any way to debug this?
I want to confirm that http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14110 is fixed and working properly based on my initial testing. I'm going to do a complete library rebuild and will post further if I see any issues.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: XBMC pre-v12.2 testing2