Linux [Raspberry Pi - OpenELEC] Scanning hangs
I have a problem with the Library scanning in XBMC. I will post this also in the Rapsbeery Pi Forum but this might be more related to XBMC then OpenELEC or the Raspberry Pi.

So, I use OpenELEC on my Raspberry Pi B-model and it is working great! I have all my movies and TV shows on my NAS and between them I have a wired 100Mb LAN, so speed between the NAS and the Pi is not an issue. This is a very nice setup btw.

However, during the scan XBMC sometimes hangs and in the logs I can see:
Code:
00:51:31 T:2728346720  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
00:51:31 T:2934776928   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://xxxx:xxxx@ODDJOB/media/Videos/TV%20Shows/Sons%20Of%20Anarcy/.actors'
00:51:31 T:2934776928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://ODDJOB/media/Videos/TV Shows/Sons Of Anarcy/.actors
00:51:32 T:2971661408   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::DecoderEventHandler OMX.broadcom.image_decode - OMX_ErrorStreamCorrupt, Bitstream corrupt
00:51:33 T:2728346720   ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::WaitForEvent OMX.broadcom.image_decode wait event 0x00000003 timeout 1000
00:51:33 T:2728346720   ERROR: COMXImage::Decode HandlePortSettingChange() failed

This happens with some of the TV Show folders but not all of them. Never does XBMC hang while scanning Movies. If I add the ".actors" folder the scan does not hang after failed to find this folder there. That is, unless it for the same odd reason decide that it can not move on without the same .actors folder in some other folder.

I do not have a problem with adding the .actors folder but I can't figure out why the scan requires the .actors folder in the first place.
Might be this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161113

You need updated firmware. rbej's builds contain the fix.
(2013-04-11, 01:17)popcornmix Wrote: Might be this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161113

You need updated firmware. rbej's builds contain the fix.

Thanks but I don't think these two problems are related since I do not have any problems with the images in the .actors folder.

I have problems when there is no .actors folder but OpenELEC seem to require it to be there for some of the TV Shows.

I might not get the core problem of http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=161113 so please correct me if I'm wrong.
The .actors "ERROR" is a red herring, it's a defect in the scanning process that doesn't check if the .actors folder exists and always tries to look inside it whether it exists or not (this should hopefully be fixed in future builds). You can ignore this error if you don't have a .actors folder.

It's the final three lines of your log that suggest you are experiencing the problem popcornmix is pointing you towards. Upgrade to an Rbej build, a more recent nightly of stock OpenELEC, or drag down the latest firmware from the hexxeh site listed in the linked thread and update your OE 3.0 installation.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2013-04-12, 01:04)MilhouseVH Wrote: Upgrade to an Rbej build, a more recent nightly of stock OpenELEC, or drag down the latest firmware from the hexxeh site listed in the linked thread and update your OE 3.0 installation.

Sorry for beeing a newbie here but I can't upgrade Raspberry since OpenELEC block apt-get. When I try I get this from within OpenELEC

Quote:There is no working 'apt-get'.

'apt-get' is a command to install, update and remove software which is stored in a non local repo. 'apt-get' does nothing then connecting to such repo, downloads the software, unpacks the software, updates a big local local database with all filepaths and other informations about the installed software or removes or updates installed Software.

With OpenELEC it is not possible to change the system for security and stability reasons so even 'apt-get' would not be able to do this. We also dont have and want to maintain such a repo for various other great reasons.

So then I try to manually update OE but when I run 'openelec-nightly_latest.sh' I get this:
Quote:You're currently on a Stable release of OpenELEC. To use this script, you first need to manually migrate OpenELEC to a development build. Be aware that development builds are inherently unstable and should not be used in production enviroments. Usability of your HTPC may be adversly effected.

Once you are running a development build, you may keep your system up-to-date by re-running this script

So, then I try and find the 'hexxeh site' you mention above and I fail to find it. Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance!
OpenELEC 3.0.1 is now available, update instructions are here.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Raspberry Pi - OpenELEC] Scanning hangs0