Streaming video from a TiVo over network
btw i found a work around for xbmc causing ccxstream to exit

i used to have this as the share in my xml file

<bookmark>
<name>j tivo (now showing)</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.0.105:1400</path>
</bookmark>

i changed it so that xbmc goes in to the now showing folder rather than the root, which is no biggie since the live tv section doesn't work anyway. i can go in and out of the tivo share from xbmc and not cause ccxstream to crash/bail on my tivo now.

<bookmark>
<name>j tivo (now showing)</name>
<path>xbms://192.168.0.105:1400/nowshowing</path>
</bookmark>

i still have an issue with several streams not playing. i can copy them to a smb share and they work, but many won't play straight from my tivo (i have a hughes directivo) the title stops scrolling after i select a file and xbmc sits for about 3-5 seconds and it looks like it is about to start playing, but then the title starts scrolling again. i haven't found a common link between the ones that don't work like certain characters in the title, or files that are too large.
i don't know if you guys are interested but i fixed the 2gb limit with ccxstream.

i've only compiled it for the series 1 tivo though. the source file i changed is also in there if you want to compile it for the series 2.

you can find it here:

http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum....5&pp=15

i haven't been able to test it personally. but burriko from dealdatabase said it worked on a file of 8 gb.

teron.
Thumbs Up 
great teron, great if you uplaod source/binary of fixed version here (link). cool if you look at libxbms/ccxstream src in general too Image
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
(gamester17 @ mar. 10 2004,17:25 Wrote:great teron, great if you uplaod source/binary of fixed version here (link). cool if you look at libxbms/ccxstream src in general too Image
probably best if i take out some of the debugging code and test it myself before trying to get anything submitted.

this fix was done back in july last year but xbmp didn't support 2gb files then. i didn't really tidy it up, i just gave up after looking at how scarey the xbmp code was.
Question 
(teron @ mar. 10 2004,17:47 Wrote:i just gave up after looking at how scarey the xbmp code was.
you should have a look at xbmc code, it's much much cleaner, that was btw the main reason/goal the xbmc project was created
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
after reading frodos post that he couldn't use a tivo because it is ntsc only i thought i'd post this back for him.

this faq contains instructions for converting a tivo to pal:
http://www.tivofaq.com/hack/faq.html
these links might be of use as well. includes pal convertions and guide data (for countries that don't have a tivo subscription)

http://www.tjv.info/tivo-faq.aspx
http://minnie.tuhs.org/twiki/bin/view/main/webhome
http://minnie.tuhs.org/programs/wktivoguide/readme.html

teron
great if someone can test ccxstream for tivo build with 2gb limit fix by teron and give feedback on it before we host it publicly
i installed ccxstream on my hughs dtivo yesterday.  so far, it's working (have a now showing list on my xbox, no crashes on tivo)...  however, at first i had problems with the audio-sync on playback of the .ty files with xbmc.  after playing with some of the settings, i realized that selecting "adjust framerate" in the my video settings seems to fix the problem. it just takes a minute or so to adjust appropriatly after fwd or rewinding...

great work!
i recently purchased another xbox for my bedroom and this was one of the main reasons for it. i am streaming from my tivo to my xbox and after making some setting changes to the cache and the av delay i am getting near perfect video/audio w/o much audio sync problems.

the only 'pie in the sky' option i wish i had is the ability to start the ccxstream service from xbmc without having to do so from my pc. perhaps through a script of some sort that would be able to telnet in and start the service.

other than that everything is perfect.
just start ccxstream from your startup file on the tivo.
i have been reluctant to do that for two reasons:

1) i have heard that some have had issues keeping it running. issues where the tivo would have to be rebooted or the server need be restarted after some time. if you have added it to your rc.sysint.author file and do not have these issues then maybe what i heard was incorrect and i will add it.

2) i don't like to keep many services running on my tivo unless i am going to use the service. do you run tivoweb, ccxstream, and other services like vserver running continuously w/o degrading the quality of your video while streaming and slowing down regular functions on your tivo?
i run ftpd, mfs_ftp, tivoweb+ and ccxtream on my philips 212 and have only noticed an issue when more than 3 shows are being streamed at once.
yeah do make sure your careful with your tivo's rc.sysinit. i've made changes to it that stopped the tivo from booting before so i had to reinstall it.

dealdatabase or tivo underground is probably the best place for info on this but iirc you should edit the file using vi or pico over telnet, rather than through an ftp client from windows.

edit: just had a look again and if you installed the nic drivers from silicondust then you should have a file /etc/rc.d/rc.net which you can freely edit without too much worry about booting. might want to add

Quote:/bin/bash </dev/ttys3 >& /dev/ttys3 &

which starts a bash prompt on the serial port in case the nic goes wrong.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming video from a TiVo over network0