Which version of atv2's iOS is best for xbmc
Hi all, I have been happily enjoying running xbmc on my Apple TV 3 (typo, I meant Apple TV 2).

I am thinking of updating the os to gain more features. However, I am worried about xbmc's performance with a new os.

I painstaking jail broke my original iOS version of my atv2.

I purposely haven't upgraded my iOS version because I had heard that the earlier os versions works best with xbmc. Now the os on my atv2 is the first iteration of iOS available for the atv2.

If I were to upgrade the os to the newest version. for instance, I would gain a lot of features like Hulu plus and Netflix subs.

However, I would like to know if there would be any performance hits to xbmc at all if I were to upgrade to the latest version?

Thanks
Newest version only has a tethered jailbreak - you should keep that in mind (if you didn't save yor shsh blobs for each version during the last year Wink).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Didn't Think you could put XBMC on Apple TV 3......

Bigjdoberman
Yeah thats a typo and users will jump on him in a sec ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-04-12, 15:44)bigjdoberman Wrote: Didn't Think you could put XBMC on Apple TV 3......

Bigjdoberman

Read the title and the the whole post. I am obviously talking about atv2. You bring nothing to the table.

Anyone else have any insight on performance hit I might taking going from a iOS version 4 to a version 5?

(2013-04-12, 12:30)Memphiz Wrote: Newest version only has a tethered jailbreak - you should keep that in mind (if you didn't save yor shsh blobs for each version during the last year Wink).

Thanks for the heads up. Not a deal breaker though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which version of atv2's iOS is best for xbmc0