Use tag lists like play lists?
Can I use these tag lists (e.g. you have create some tags "Genre", own tags like ratings "Good", "Bad" etc. and added some movies to them) like I can use Smart Playlists, so configure a menu item pointing to such a tag list, opening it? So I could fast access all movies tagged with e.g. "Good".
Newest stable Kodi (portable), Win 10 | skin: default Confluence
Yes SmartPlayLists support tags and you can add a smartplaylist as to a menu.

Check out this video.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Hi,

i understand him so that he want a home menu button to see all his own created movie tags ? Try this as home menu button

ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTags)
Many thanks for the video, CaptainKen.

And thanks for the kind of code, Eisi2005. Sorry, where have I to enter it?

As I have learned, it is not possible to simply tag movies being in a Smart / play list or while you watch a movie, so when you watch a movie (or a Smart List is opened) and want to tag the movie you have to go to the tabs window or so and to do it there. May be there is a faster way doing it in Aeon.
Hi,

i dont know a faster way, hope that there will come any time a update from xbmc.

you must edit main menu, there choose a custom menu or sub menu. There you must say Choose Type and then custom, there you must enter the code.
Ah, I see, thank you Eisi2005,

here it is: http://i.imm.io/12GHU.png

By the way, can I copy and paste this code, that doesn't seem to work.
you could not copy and paste
So enter it manually only...OK, thanks again.
(2013-04-12, 09:28)Dirki Wrote: Can I use these tag lists (e.g. you have create some tags "Genre", own tags like ratings "Good", "Bad" etc. and added some movies to them) like I can use Smart Playlists, so configure a menu item pointing to such a tag list, opening it? So I could fast access all movies tagged with e.g. "Good".

As an alternative, you can use the SimplePlaylists addon, map it to any button on your remote or keyboard and then you can hit that button while browsing videos (or even while playing one) and a window will open letting you include that video into an existing playlist or you can create a new playlist to include that video (movie, tv episode or musicvideo).
You won't be using tags, but I think this is pretty much what you were looking for.
You don't need playlists at all. Just customize a menu item and choose Video Library Node. Then select the Tag you want from Movies --> Tags.
Thank you, charrua,

That sounds very good. I just was looking for it in the Repo and I found it already added and activated, but it obviously does not work:

http://i.imm.io/12JMv.jpeg
http://i.imm.io/12JMD.jpeg

Actually I do not like these add ons you have to add / edit code somewhere before you can use it or while you use it as described in that thread, my coding skills are very poor, respectively not available.

Thanks bryanbrazil,

OK, that must be this one: http://i.imm.io/12JWM.jpeg

Quote:Then select the Tag you want from Movies --> Tags.
After having opened this playlist with the menu item? Or before (that would be the best), so always when you open this playlist the tag is active? Ah, no, you can create play lists with the tags you like, so I can then always open a play list with special tabs enabled like I want.

Many thanks again.
(2013-04-13, 10:21)Dirki Wrote: Thank you, charrua,
That sounds very good. I just was looking for it in the Repo and I found it already added and activated, but it obviously does not work:
http://i.imm.io/12JMv.jpeg
http://i.imm.io/12JMD.jpeg
Actually I do not like these add ons you have to add / edit code somewhere before you can use it or while you use it as described in that thread, my coding skills are very poor, respectively not available.
Thanks bryanbrazil,
You're welcome.
There's not much to do in order for SimplePlaylists to work, just add the code to system\keymaps\keyboard.xml for activating the addon with your remote or keyboard.
In my case it's working fine, but it's hard to tell what is causing the error in your setup without looking at a debug log.

watch gallery
Thank you for the sreen shot,

I have any idea, cannot understand where in this keyboard file you have to enter which code.

OK, I will try to use the XBMC playlists.

Many thanks again.
1) Settings -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> All Add-ons -> Video Add-ons -> SimplePlaylists

2) Main Menu -> Videos -> Add-ons -> SimplePlaylists right click and "choose add to Favourites"

3) Add the following to the AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\favourites.xml file:

<favourite name="SimplePlaylists">RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=showPlaylists)</favourite>

4) Copy the C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps\keyboard.xml

file to: AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps

5) Add this line:

<F2>RunPlugin(plugin://script.simpleplaylists/?mode=addCurrentUrl)</F2>

to the

AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml

file anywhere within the Keyboard Global section.

NOTE: From this point forward you can add other keyboard mapping commands to \userdata\keymaps\keyboard.xml
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Thank you very much, CaptainKen,

Works perfectly again.

Many thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use tag lists like play lists?0