Laggy Movies
Question 
Hello all, I'm new to XBMC, downloaded it last month, and now I'm having an issue. All my movies are lagging something horrible. My TV shows run great though. I do have my movies and tv shows running through a plex server but that's not the issue. I can play them fine through the actual plex program (via advanced launcher). Just to make sure though, I also played the movies directly through XBMC from the folder they're stored in, bypassing plex altogether and they still run very laggy.

I feel as if I may have changed a setting in the video playback settings, but I don't know what it could have been. Can anyone help me with this issue? I have included a link to my xbmc.log and my system specs below.

XBMC Log

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 26 Stepping 5
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16375 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470, 1279 Mb x2 (SLI)
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 88100 MB;
Motherboard: EVGA, 132-BL-E758
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled
Check your audio configuration.
Most likely your audio settings are wrong.
Check the sticky threads in the Windows support subforum under this forum.
THAT DID IT! Thanks guys for the quick response. Apparently the culprit was my receiver. I have a Sony receiver that acts retarded with windows sometimes. What I mean is, my computer is hooked up to my receiver through an HDMI connection and has 5.1 surround sound. But Windows will randomly stop reading the audio source as a digital HDMI source and will change it to an analog stereo source with a 2.1 setup. So in XBMC, I had to change the audio output from HDMI to analog and then my movies played fine. I've been having this problem for awhile now, eventually the computer will recognize it as a digital HDMI audio source again, but this is usually after a restart or if I disconnect the HDMI cord and plug it back in.

I can see this growing to be an annoying issue. I know my issue is somewhat specific, but would anyone know why windows would randomly switch my audio device from digital to analog? I don't have any analog audio connections hooked up to my computer AT ALL. Any further help on this issue would be VERY MUCH appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Laggy Movies0