watched/unseed doubt with 3 XMBCbuntu
I have an home XBMC MCenters network that is based on 3 ION minITX. One of them is based on the living room (working as NAS with CP, SB and SABNZB) and another two. These last two are connected to the first one via ethernet, and so they access all the content on the NAS.

The thing is, for example when i watch an episode on the one located on my bedroom, in the end of that ep it is marked as watched there, but if i go to one of the other two that same episode is marked as unwatched.

So the question is, is there any way of watching something on one of the HTCP and then also update their watched/unseed status on the other ones?

tks
HOW-TO:Sync_multiple_libraries (wiki)
You Sir are a GOD.

tks
Well... i have been trying since friday to get this to work but no joy.

I have followed the XBMC wiki guide - No luck, and these:

http://youresuchageek.blogspot.pt/2012/0...media.html

http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/

Still no luck. Can anyone help?
When i enter the data bases in mysql and ask show tables; it tells me that they are empty...
You have to make sure all xbmc versions are the same I think, ie Frodo 12.0 or 12.1. Also, all your sources.xml files have to be same on each machine as well. Then, export library, clean database, delete sources and then re-add sources.
I have all machines with Frodo 12.1. All are using the same sources.xml and advancedsettings.xml with this code:

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.20</host> MY MOST USED XBMC MACHINE IP (Almost 24/7 on) that has SB, CP and SABNZBD
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>
<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.1.20</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_music</name>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

I have also changed the /etc/mysql/my.cnf bin adress from, 127.0.0.1 to my HTPC XBMC server ip (192.168.1.20).

Still the mysql databases are empty.

What am i doing wrong?

I am sharing my files via SMB.
Did you delete and then re-add the sources in xbmc?
i did an install from scratch. my steps where:

1- Install XBMCbuntu
2- Install and configure SB, CP and SABNZBD
3- Install Mysql acording those guides
4- ADD sources in XBMC using the SAMBA way

Isnt this the right way, or a possible way?

also another thing is that my userdata folder is on /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata.

This is the one right?
You have not followed the wiki. There is no need for the name tag in advancedsettings.xml. It often screws things up. Remove it.
Ok. Will do and then will give feedback.
ONLY follow the wiki, not those old walkthroughs.
When you create the first sources, take a look at your debug log if needed, possibly you forgot to setup the xbmc user with access rights to the mysql database ?
I give up! I have done EVERYTHING acording the wiki but still no joy. I added the sources via smb and everything but still nothing.

The only thing i can think of es the the location of the advancedsettings.xml file

In my XBMCbuntu is located in /home/xbmc(myuser)/.xbmc/userdata. this is correct right?! What i the world i am missing?!

Also... one thing is that my server where i have SB, CP, and Sabnzbd and where now is also installed mysql has xbmcbuntu, in other words, i also use this machine has a xbmc media center. Can this be the problem? Must i have a dedicated machine without xbmc?
EDIT:

Here is my log:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=12207

can someone help me?
(2013-04-15, 20:42)Punk_Boy Wrote: I give up! I have done EVERYTHING acording the wiki but still no joy. I added the sources via smb and everything but still nothing.

The only thing i can think of es the the location of the advancedsettings.xml file

In my XBMCbuntu is located in /home/xbmc(myuser)/.xbmc/userdata. this is correct right?! What i the world i am missing?!
if that is the user running xbmc then that is correct
Quote:Also... one thing is that my server where i have SB, CP, and Sabnzbd and where now is also installed mysql has xbmcbuntu, in other words, i also use this machine has a xbmc media center. Can this be the problem? Must i have a dedicated machine without xbmc?
No that is fine. What ports is mysql listening on? what is the output of
Code:
sudo netstat -tanp|grep 3306
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
watched/unseed doubt with 3 XMBCbuntu0