• 33(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2014-03-13, 14:02)kokoui Wrote: Hello guys, thanks for your help, this community is really strong. I would like you to help me update the librtmp file of my machine because documentation is not very clear to me. I have the minin neo X7 machine running Android 4.2.2 and I run a custom made xbmc called Beyond Xbmc by Flumpster (best xbmc i have tried so far , highly reccomended!).

My first question, librtmp is also a system file of android or just xbmc? Do I have to just fix the file in the xbmc directory? If I replace the file with a newer will it work or I have to compile it myself based on my installation of xbmc?

Kind regards

If you have a compatible file for your system which works with XBMC then you just have to copy under xbmc path. For correct path, look at http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...te_librtmp

-shani
Good news, i was able to compile the librtmp for Android and couple of my examples are working now, which was failing earlier.
I didn't use any patches, my test urls were failing due to a bug in the code where in redirect it tries to connect to redirected server on port 0, so initialise it correctly. I still have to find all the patches and compile final binary.

This is a beta test, you guys can download it from http://ge.tt/9XFBASQ1 (UPDATED)
Please see the wiki on how and where to copy this file, make sure to give 755 rights.
-shani

Just wanted to say that make sure you make a copy of original .so file, just in case it doesn't work for you.
Linked updated,
Also, there is a version 2 of that so, it contains many other fixes. see which one works.
(2014-03-15, 16:55)Shani-08 Wrote: Good news, i was able to compile the librtmp for Android and couple of my examples are working now, which was failing earlier.
I didn't use any patches, my test urls were failing due to a bug in the code where in redirect it tries to connect to redirected server on port 0, so initialise it correctly. I still have to find all the patches and compile final binary.

This is a beta test, you guys can download it from http://ge.tt/8uR7GLQ1/v/0
Please see the wiki on how and where to copy this file, make sure to give 755 rights.
-shani

Just wanted to say that make sure you make a copy of original .so file, just in case it doesn't work for you.

Do i have to replace the file or place in in the apk and resign it? Because i replace it and crashed the xbmc.
You have to simply place that file in the said directory, rename the existing file. Make sure to set rights of 755 and owner and group should be system,
Which version are you using?
(2014-03-15, 16:55)Shani-08 Wrote: Good news, i was able to compile the librtmp for Android and couple of my examples are working now, which was failing earlier.

This is a beta test, you guys can download it from http://ge.tt/8uR7GLQ1/v/0
-shani

Can you please explain your technique? I tried using the Android Toolchain but it just kept constantly crashing XBMC yet it worked before 4.2. I tried asking around for help on Android forums yet nobody would ever answer Sad.
(2014-03-15, 21:34)Shani-08 Wrote: You have to simply place that file in the said directory, rename the existing file. Make sure to set rights of 755 and owner and group should be system,

I am using beyond xbmc, i tried on both beyond xbmc and minix xbmc but crashed on both
Well, I didn't even do anything special. This binary is original xbmc beta 1 with couple of line changed Smile I have now ksv patched binary too.
What i did was just followed the compilation instructions on xbmc github. .bootstrap, ./configure and make. This compiles the dependencies which includes librtm. From there, I made the changes to the code in depends folder, and make only librtm.
I used their make file etc. remember they compile ssl etc so try conform to their make and process.
After that I copied librtmp.so.1 to android as librtmp.so, changed rights and it started working.

What I tried first was just compile it without any addition, and make sure xbmc works the do all patching etc.

(2014-03-15, 21:43)kokoui Wrote:
(2014-03-15, 21:34)Shani-08 Wrote: You have to simply place that file in the said directory, rename the existing file. Make sure to set rights of 755 and owner and group should be system,

I am using beyond xbmc, i tried on both beyond xbmc and minix xbmc but crashed on both
I used Gotham beta. Could you try that?
(2014-03-15, 21:46)Shani-08 Wrote: Well, I didn't even do anything special. This binary is original xbmc beta 1 with couple of line changed Smile I have now ksv patched binary too.
What i did was just followed the compilation instructions on xbmc github. .bootstrap, ./configure and make. This compiles the dependencies which includes librtm. From there, I made the changes to the code in depends folder, and make only librtm.
I used their make file etc. remember they compile ssl etc so try conform to their make and process.
After that I copied librtmp.so.1 to android as librtmp.so, changed rights and it started working.

What I tried first was just compile it without any addition, and make sure xbmc works the do all patching etc.

Wow, I will have to try that idea. I looked at doing the XBMC method but it was a lot of fun trying to find the exact steps they do, but after reading your method, it all is starting to make total sense.
Oh fun under. Their instructions leaves bit here and there but you would know as you wade through the build errors. I wish I had made note of all those things.
One more thing, try to use same directories which will make configure a breeze as you can simply copy paste.
Lastly, I was building this on VM and started with 8GB. Not a good idea, had to extend it twice lol.
More time went into environment and less into compilation.
I would recommend to use beta Gotham and the instructions within.
(2014-03-15, 22:40)Shani-08 Wrote: Oh fun under. Their instructions leaves bit here and there but you would know as you wade through the build errors. I wish I had made note of all those things.
One more thing, try to use same directories which will make configure a breeze as you can simply copy paste.
Lastly, I was building this on VM and started with 8GB. Not a good idea, had to extend it twice lol.
More time went into environment and less into compilation.
I would recommend to use beta Gotham and the instructions within.

Well I will be definitely looking into all of this, because I have so many folks who are dying to have the Android version working again and I would like to be able to maintain those users finally after not being able to do anything for them for quite a while now.
That would be great as you have all the things we need Wink
Many thanks.
(2014-03-15, 21:46)Shani-08 Wrote: Well, I didn't even do anything special. This binary is original xbmc beta 1 with couple of line changed Smile I have now ksv patched binary too.

(2014-03-15, 21:43)kokoui Wrote:

I used Gotham beta. Could you try that?
I tried gotham and worked great, congratulations dudie. Can you do one for frodo pleaseHuh
You can try with frodo as well, i believe it should work as its a library which hasn't changed its interface.
I tried it but xbmc crashes
I think RP will be able to build the binary, let's wait for him for couple of day, otherwise I'll get it sorted.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8