• 57(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
(2014-05-26, 03:39)Had3z Wrote: I have a problem and this may not be the place to put it, but a couple of streams have no sound at all. N*Lnetwork & E*PN, I've updated the rtpm which is mentioned here and still no sound. Now I know these streams have sound I can play and hear them on my atv2. I just don't know what to docan someone give me a hand. I'm working with a Raspberry Pi XBMC Gotham. If log is needed l will provide, but i'm not sure what part of the log you want or how deep you want to dig. Thanks in advance.

What are you running on your RasPi? I have RasBMC and have never noticed any no sound unless it was set to HDMI and I was using Composite for example.

I know depending on how it's hook up, the volume can be very low, especially on composite.
I am running Openelec through hdmi. The funny thing is as before I didn't have any sound (only on these two streams) I went into the audio settings and changed it to analogue and I was able to hear the sound through my ear buds. When i set it to dual audio i hear it through the earbuds and not the tv. I've tried to play using omxplayer and dvdplayer and the video is fine just no audio. crap.
Hi! Shani-80
In ur jagobd repo some channels like ntv, Banglavision, channel i BD & other ar not working on XBMC 13.1 Gotham – RC1.Android.
Can u fix it pls ......
Hi thank you for opening this thread I don't khnow if this is the right place to give requests but I would like to see this work with xbmc :
there is this project on github livestreamer ( https://github.com/chrippa/livestreamer#livestreamer ) that allows to play streams from ustream justin tv youtube live and more within vlc and you can choose the quality to play

I hope this will be added to xbmc too theat we can enjoy this websites at their best .
is it possible ?

thank you
regards .
(2014-05-10, 15:37)Double007 Wrote: Is there a custom image of Gotham build with the latest lbrtmp for OpenElec RPi.. Thanks
I also want to know this, the Frodo custom build looks to have a few goodies, would like the same for Gotham

RP - thanks for your APK, it runs nicely on my S3! I'm leaning towards ditching the Pi and just doing HDMI out from my phone now.
You don't need a custom OpenELEC build to use the latest librtmp. Follow the instructions at the OpenELEC link in the OP.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-31, 04:33)MilhouseVH Wrote: You don't need a custom OpenELEC build to use the latest librtmp. Follow the instructions at the OpenELEC link in the OP.

Yes but there were other tweaks in the custom Pi image that seemed interesting. A custom image would 1- be correct and 2- make it easy/save me a few hours.

For example, on Android I updated the librtmp file per the instructions and then XMBC kept crashing when I started a stream. Rather than spending time troubleshooting, I replaced it all with RP's image and it now works great.

I've wasted enough hours tinkering with things in my life, now I just want fire and forget solutions. I just want to watch my damn streams! Smile Maybe I shouldn't have bought a Pi then Big Grin
The "non-custom" librtmp approach works for everyone else and gives you more flexibility in terms of what build of OpenELEC you decide to use as your "base" - latest official, unofficial, experimental Helix etc. It also doesn't leave you stuck when nobody has produced one of your preferred custom builds, probably because they're no longer necessary since the solution I pointed you towards.

Your choice of course, although you'll probably spend more time failing to find a custom build than applying the fix to a regular build!

Also what "goodies" would an OpenELEC Frodo build have that a recent Gotham or even Helix build wouldn't have?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
You're right Milhouse, because here I am wanting a Gotham build with the updated librtmp and nobody has published one yet, so I am stuck unless I do the leg work myself. I guess I'm just more surprised that nobody has released one yet, at least for the major builds. Oh well, more tinkering ahead Smile Thanks for your help.
(2014-05-31, 15:27)trent33 Wrote: I guess I'm just more surprised that nobody has released one yet, at least for the major builds. Oh well, more tinkering ahead Smile Thanks for your help.

My guess is there is no longer a requirement to produce custom librtmp builds when any regular build can be adapted using a fairly simple cut & paste solution. And once you have the solution in place, it will continue to work with ANY OpenELEC build you care to try (currently: Frodo, Gotham and Helix).
Yes, if it is as simple as a copy/paste and no other tweaks are necessary, then I would agree that a custom build would be overkill.

Fortunately, you posted a fairly straight-forward process of updating OpenELEC for Gotham builds, so I'm going to give that a shot. Thanks for that! Smile
Wink 
(2014-05-20, 13:38)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-05-20, 10:35)jkcool Wrote: I heard that is.gd is being moved to new http://v.gd

v.gd is a separate service from is.gd (operated by the same people/company). It's just is.gd that is being DDoS'd at the moment.

Is there another location to download the files? Please?

Awesome work.
Why? is.gd is working again now.
Sorry. Just worked.

I tried on the afternoon, and it gave an error like the ssl certificate is vot valid yet, try again with -k or ( --insecure) command.

I thought it was down.

So, after the three files downloaded, just have to reboot?

And this a persistent method?
Yes and yes.
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8