• 54(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
Occasionally when streaming the streams stop, I guess due to buffer underrun, but then the last drawn frame just sits there, for hours if it wants.. So wondering if it would be some better way to handle this? If I press stop, I'm returned gracefully, and can start the stream again, but if was some kind of timeout/retry mechanism built-in then it would be more user-friendly.

or is it not a part of librtmp to handle that, to see if a stream has stalled, and possibly reconnect..?
I have similar issue with rtmp streams, only that when I do press stop (X) xbmc freezes and I need to close down the process via task manager.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Is there a patched Gotham beta 4 for Android yet?
(2014-04-23, 10:14)ProsjektX Wrote: Occasionally when streaming the streams stop, I guess due to buffer underrun, but then the last drawn frame just sits there, for hours if it wants.. So wondering if it would be some better way to handle this? If I press stop, I'm returned gracefully, and can start the stream again, but if was some kind of timeout/retry mechanism built-in then it would be more user-friendly.

or is it not a part of librtmp to handle that, to see if a stream has stalled, and possibly reconnect..?

That's more of how XBMC itself is designed. HTTP streams also do the same. I don't really like it and I believe the XBMC Team has mentioned before they would like to make it smoother but haven't heard anything lately.

(2014-04-24, 18:30)Maniac Wrote: I have similar issue with rtmp streams, only that when I do press stop (X) xbmc freezes and I need to close down the process via task manager.

That seems a tad odd. I can see if a stream itself stops but XBMC usually doesn't freeze when you tell the strem to stop. Not sure what's going on there.

(2014-04-25, 17:17)xiaNaix Wrote: Is there a patched Gotham beta 4 for Android yet?

I will get this out very soon.
Yeah tell me about it, I've been stuck with this problem for over a year. Not sure if it is releated directly to librtmp.
Posted a topic about it, but still no reply from the dev team
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=188247
Beta 4 for Android is there now.
(2014-04-26, 02:03)RedPenguin Wrote: Beta 4 for Android is there now.

Hi RP!

Need your help, I have a Gbox Midnight mx2 with Android and the XBMC Special Edition..

I need to update the library but I'm not sure if I can do it with your Android apk or do I need a special librtmp.soHuh

thks!
(2014-04-27, 00:50)sruizliard Wrote:

Hi RP!

Need your help, I have a Gbox Midnight mx2 with Android and the XBMC Special Edition..

I need to update the library but I'm not sure if I can do it with your Android apk or do I need a special librtmp.soHuh

thks!

Not exactly sure off hand what XBMC Special Edition is, but for Android you can use my apks or librtmp.so if your file isn't replaced on reboot.
(2014-04-27, 01:31)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 00:50)sruizliard Wrote:

Hi RP!

thks!

Not exactly sure off hand what XBMC Special Edition is, but for Android you can use my apks or librtmp.so if your file isn't replaced on reboot.

Is it necessery to root the device (minix X7 mini) to put or replace the librtmp.so file
Hi All,

I have a new x7 mini device rooted and updated with last rom.
i tried all methods :
update the librtmp or get directely the androide APk form RedPenguin link

But no thing, a lot of channels do not work.

I don't know what i should to do.
Hi RedPenguin I've been looking forward to get jtv addon to work on my pivos xios ds frodo linux version and i've been told to update the librtmp but i can't one for my device cause it's Arm based .could u give a hand with this and thank u
hi, i have a similar problem with my android tv box mygica atv1200. I want to update the librtmp but i cant access the /data/data folder via cyberduck. i heart that the tv box is rootet from the beginning, so what is the problem? how i get access to the folder where the librtmp.so is?
(2014-04-29, 02:41)rabah Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 01:31)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 00:50)sruizliard Wrote: Hi RP!

thks!

Is it necessery to root the device (minix X7 mini) to put or replace the librtmp.so file

To replace the file yes it's necessary to root, but if you use my APKs, then you do not have to root.

(2014-04-29, 05:44)rabah Wrote: Hi All,

I have a new x7 mini device rooted and updated with last rom.
i tried all methods :
update the librtmp or get directely the androide APk form RedPenguin link

But no thing, a lot of channels do not work.

I don't know what i should to do.

Can you go in to more detail as to what channel(s) is not working?

(2014-05-05, 19:21)Bellamy111 Wrote: hi, i have a similar problem with my android tv box mygica atv1200. I want to update the librtmp but i cant access the /data/data folder via cyberduck. i heart that the tv box is rootet from the beginning, so what is the problem? how i get access to the folder where the librtmp.so is?

Either root and replace file or simply use the APKs.
@RedPenguin. just to explain the issue when pressing X and xbmc hangs. Again, not sure if it is librtmp releated.

I start a livetv channel that is a rtmp stream. The "working" animation appears and just sits there. If I press X it hangs and need to force quit the process. This is the debug while it happens:
Code:
WARNING: Received FLV packet before play()! Ignoring.
WARNING: Previous line repeats 16 times.
  DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogSeekBar.xml) ------
  DEBUG: CApplication::ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating action string
  DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
WARNING: Previous line repeats 173 times.
  DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x2d, sym: 0x0078, unicode: 0x0078, modifier: 0x0
  DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: x (0xf058) pressed, action is Stop
NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::CloseFile()
NOTICE: DVDPlayer: waiting for threads to exit
WARNING: Previous line repeats 1858 times.
  DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 3480 terminating (autodelete)
  DEBUG: Thread JobWorker 1212 terminating (autodelete)
WARNING: Previous line repeats 838 times.
WARNING: Previous line repeats 23 times.
Has the Android version of Gotham final been patched yet?
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8