• 55(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
Hi,

Can anyone tell me where is the folder in ATV1 where the librtmp.0.dylib is?

Which librtmp.0.dylib version should I use to update ?

I'm running XBMC Gothic on Crystalbuntu
i need your help guys i ssh to my pivos ds linux version ,i found librtmp.so.0 at /usr/lib but i could rename it tried chmod 777 stil no access read only file . i couldnt even scp the new file to the box . one more thing i unzip the .img file to replace the librtmp file but there is no such file there. any thoughs plz
Is there a custom image of Gotham build with the latest lbrtmp for OpenElec RPi.. Thanks
What is the difference between RP compiled and KSV compiled?
What is the best one to choose? (for sport, for other streams?)
@ bl@ck

Use File Manager in XMBC
(2014-05-06, 06:48)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 02:41)rabah Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 01:31)RedPenguin Wrote: Not exactly sure off hand what XBMC Special Edition is, but for Android you can use my apks or librtmp.so if your file isn't replaced on reboot.

Is it necessery to root the device (minix X7 mini) to put or replace the librtmp.so file

To replace the file yes it's necessary to root, but if you use my APKs, then you do not have to root.

(2014-04-29, 05:44)rabah Wrote: I have a new x7 mini device rooted and updated with last rom.
i tried all methods :
update the librtmp or get directely the androide APk form RedPenguin link

But no thing, a lot of channels do not work.

I don't know what i should to do.

Can you go in to more detail as to what channel(s) is not working?

(2014-05-05, 19:21)Bellamy111 Wrote: hi, i have a similar problem with my android tv box mygica atv1200. I want to update the librtmp but i cant access the /data/data folder via cyberduck. i heart that the tv box is rootet from the beginning, so what is the problem? how i get access to the folder where the librtmp.so is?

Either root and replace file or simply use the APKs.

(2014-04-26, 02:03)RedPenguin Wrote: Beta 4 for Android is there now.

Hi
RedPenguin
I tryed to install APK its not lnstalling .
How to install it ?

(2014-05-06, 06:48)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 02:41)rabah Wrote:
(2014-04-27, 01:31)RedPenguin Wrote: Not exactly sure off hand what XBMC Special Edition is, but for Android you can use my apks or librtmp.so if your file isn't replaced on reboot.

Is it necessery to root the device (minix X7 mini) to put or replace the librtmp.so file

To replace the file yes it's necessary to root, but if you use my APKs, then you do not have to root.

(2014-04-29, 05:44)rabah Wrote: Hi All,

I tryed to install APK its lnstalling .
How to install it ?

I have a new x7 mini device rooted and updated with last rom.
i tried all methods :
update the librtmp or get directely the androide APk form RedPenguin link

But no thing, a lot of channels do not work.

I don't know what i should to do.

Can you go in to more detail as to what channel(s) is not working?

(2014-05-05, 19:21)Bellamy111 Wrote: hi, i have a similar problem with my android tv box mygica atv1200. I want to update the librtmp but i cant access the /data/data folder via cyberduck. i heart that the tv box is rootet from the beginning, so what is the problem? how i get access to the folder where the librtmp.so is?

Either root and replace file or simply use the APKs.
I'm having issues with streams on the Android version that don't happen in the Windows version, and I found out that there is no librtmp.so version 5.14.4 for Android, it seems the latest is 4.9.14 that is contained in the xbmc-13.0-Gotham_beta4-armeabi-v7a-RP.apk file.

So my best guess is to wait, right?

Thanks in advance.
(2013-08-10, 12:11)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 10:26)RedPenguin Wrote: Oh well. Thanks for the info. Was wishing this worked cause it's difficult to explain this stuff to OpenELEC users, but guess nothing can be done.

I've determined a solution for OpenELEC that allows any system library used by XBMC to be replaced by an alternative third party version - it's a pretty ugly hack, but it does work with an unmodified 3.1.x build without any problems, and given the only other alternative is a custom build this makes it a lot less trouble despite it's ugliness! Smile

It involves using autostart.sh to halt the initial load of xbmc.bin, modifying LD_LIBRARY_PATH and then initiating a secondary load of xbmc.bin but now using the third party libraries (librtmp etc.). The hack will only be applied when the /storage/lib directory is present (exists), and when autostart.sh is being called during the boot sequence (when the parent process ID is 1), and when /storage/lib isn't detected at the beginning of LD_LIBRARY_PATH (and thus needs to be added). The check for PPID means it is possible to call autostart.sh without re-invoking xbmc.bin, which may be useful when testing/debugging other autostart.sh functionality...

Gotham Update

Gotham builds of OpenELEC totally change the boot process. The latest version of hacklib will now detect when booting on a Gotham build and simply copy /etc/profile.d to a temporary location, add an extra script to the new profile.d folder which fixes up LD_LIBRARY_PATH, then substitute this modified profile.d folder for the standard /etc/profile.d directory. New processes, including xbmc.bin, will now reference the new profile.d folder and as a result will use the fixed up LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

To update, just download the latest hacklib file, and if using mktmplib download that also.

Installation instructions: (See end of post for direct download instructions)

1. Create /storage/lib and populate with third-party libraries. Download the latest librtmp.so.0 for RasPi or Linux/x86 from Red Penguins Repo, and create the librtmp.so symbolic link:
Code:
mkdir -p /storage/lib
<Download librtmp.so.0 from RedPenguin's "Repo">
chmod 755 /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0
ln -s /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 /storage/lib/librtmp.so

2. Create /storage/.config/autostart.sh using vi or nano:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Hack for third-party libraries
[ $PPID -eq 1 -a -f /storage/.config/hacklib ] && . /storage/.config/hacklib

# Rest of autostart.sh goes here...

3. Create /storage/.config/hacklib (see download link)

4. Reboot.

Optional Extra
When mounting /storage across a network (eg. over NFS or SMB), there will be an increase in network activity as /storage/lib is checked for library files (99.9% of which won't be found) and this could result in reduced UI performance (slightly longer load times etc.). To eliminate any network overhead, you can instead host the thirdparty library files in memory backed storage.

To accomplish this, download the mktmplib file in /storage/.config/mktmplib - when present, it will be called by hacklib and transfer the third party libraries to memory back storage the location of which will then be prefixed to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Disabling 3rd Party Libraries
To disable the hack:
Code:
mv /storage/lib /storage/lib.bak && sync
reboot

Download instructions
Downloadable versions of autostart.sh, hacklib and mktmplib are available on Dropbox - use the following commands to download the files:
Code:
cd /storage/.config
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
curl -L http://is.gd/GJdaEY -o mktmplib

Is possible to get this links working again?
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/yQUqNm -o hacklib
curl -L http://is.gd/GJdaEY -o mktmplib
(2014-05-18, 23:28)Mafarricos Wrote: Is possible to get this links working again?

Did you really have to quote my entire post? Rolleyes

I imagine is.gd will be back online eventually. In the meantime, here's some Dropbox links:

autostart.sh
hacklib
mktmplib
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-17, 21:51)iriki Wrote: I'm having issues with streams on the Android version that don't happen in the Windows version, and I found out that there is no librtmp.so version 5.14.4 for Android, it seems the latest is 4.9.14 that is contained in the xbmc-13.0-Gotham_beta4-armeabi-v7a-RP.apk file.

Thanks in advance.

I just released yesterday a 13.0 and 13.1 final APK with my very latest librtmp with the redirect+streamify fix (5-14-14).
(2014-05-19, 00:51)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-05-17, 21:51)iriki Wrote: I'm having issues with streams on the Android version that don't happen in the Windows version, and I found out that there is no librtmp.so version 5.14.4 for Android, it seems the latest is 4.9.14 that is contained in the xbmc-13.0-Gotham_beta4-armeabi-v7a-RP.apk file.

Thanks in advance.

I just released yesterday a 13.0 and 13.1 final APK with my very latest librtmp with the redirect+streamify fix (5-14-14).

W00t W00t Smile i was about to ask you when you planning to do that Smile thanks again
RP once again thanks a lot for android 13.1apk update...

Thanks in advance.

Hi! How to install ur APK Huh
Coz its not installing .
thanks /shuvro
(2014-05-19, 04:35)shuvro Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Coz its not installing .
thanks /shuvro

Just make sure you don't have the official XBMC APK installed as my signature is not the same. That's the only thing I can think of off hand.

Also make sure you have "Third-Party Software" enabled in Android Settings.
(2014-05-19, 06:09)RedPenguin Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 04:35)shuvro Wrote:
(2014-05-19, 00:51)RedPenguin Wrote: I just released yesterday a 13.0 and 13.1 final APK with my very latest librtmp with the redirect+streamify fix (5-14-14).

Coz its not installing .
thanks /shuvro

Just make sure you don't have the official XBMC APK installed as my signature is not the same. That's the only thing I can think of off hand.

Also make sure you have "Third-Party Software" enabled in Android Settings.

I tried in my Measy B4K TV BOX & Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0, its not installing .
I am gatting Parsing error " There is a problem parsing the oackage "

If i do it manully then how do i will install RTMPDDUMP.zip
thanks for reply.
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8