• 61(current)
librtmp - Help Thread
Code:
rm -f /storage/.profile

This hack doesn't work, and is conflicting with the working solution, so remove this file.

Once you've removed the file, reboot, then run
Code:
journalctl --no-pager --unit=xbmc-autostart
mount
and paste the results.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
after this:
OpenELEC:~ # rm -f /storage/.profile
OpenELEC:~ # reboot

I do:
OpenELEC:~ # journalctl --no-pager --unit=xbmc-autostart
-- Logs begin at Tue 2014-06-24 12:18:56 CEST, end at Tue 2014-06-24 12:21:03 CEST. --
OpenELEC:~ # mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=185628k,nr_inodes=46407,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda1 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)
/dev/loop0 on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620)
tmpfs on /run type tmpfs (rw,nosuid,nodev,mode=755)
tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs (ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup (rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release_agent=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,name=systemd)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
mqueue on /dev/mqueue type mqueue (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /tmp type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /var/tmp/libhack type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1888k)
tmpfs on /etc/profile.d type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1888k)
OpenELEC:~ #
OK, the good news is that the hack is working as expected.

The lack of any journal information is a consequence of the clock not being set early enough on your Pi - when the clock does finally get set (over the network), the old (boot) journal containing the output from xbmc-autostart is deleted, and when you go to check the journal using ssh there is no evidence that xbmc-autostart has run however the fact you have /var/tmp/libhack mounted and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is being set correctly confirms that all is well.

I'm not entirely sure why your clock is being set so late, but it's generally speaking not a big deal (despite causing all this confusion).

The presence of /storage/.profile would have resulted in any interactive process (ie. ssh) picking up a different LD_LIBRARY_PATH, so while not preventing the hack from working it could cause unexpected behaviour during ssh sessions and so best to remove it.

If you want to revert to the "standard" autostart.sh from the "test" version you currently have installed, do the following:
Code:
cd /storage/.config
rm -f autostart.sh
curl -L http://is.gd/kBaTzY -o autostart.sh
chmod +x autostart.sh
sync
reboot
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
ok...so everything was ok?

i did exactly the steps as mentioned in this thread?....don't know what went wrong.

what does the above command do?......Original downloaded one i assume?

so I can not use the standard commands to check if I have the librtmp correctly....because something is wrong with my clock........correct?
When a new librtmp is available......just overwrite the one in storage/lib? (librtmp.so.0) or do the stuff all over again?

Good to hear that after all the hack is working!!!

Thanks for helping!!!!
(2014-06-24, 12:42)haakie Wrote: ok...so everything was ok?

Yes.

(2014-06-24, 12:42)haakie Wrote: what does the above command do?......Original downloaded one i assume?
Yes.

(2014-06-24, 12:42)haakie Wrote: When a new librtmp is available......just overwrite the one in storage/lib? (librtmp.so.0) or do the stuff all over again?
Yes, just overwrite /storage/lib/librtmp.so.0 and reboot.
thanks again!!!

And I am correct as I can't check my librtmp (because clockstuff?)

I really thank you for your time.......thanks-thanks-thanks!!!
(2014-06-24, 12:48)haakie Wrote: And I am correct as I can't check my librtmp (because clockstuff?)

You can't view the journal, because of the clock problem.

The best way to check if the hack has worked when the journal entries are not present is to run:
Code:
mount | grep /etc/profile

You should see something similar to the following:
Code:
tmpfs on /etc/profile.d type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=1896k)
which would confim that the hack is working.

If you get no response then the hack hasn't worked (or isn't installed).
you are my hero!!

for clockproblem.......in openelec setting I have wait for network before starting xbmc?.........it is unchecked................maybe is this my problem?

what do you think?...should i check this....so wait for internet before starting xbmc?
I don't know, maybe, try it. If it doesn't work, probably best to continue any further discussion in a new thread as it's now seriously OT. Smile
I did try.......and: YES-YES-YES...................clock seems fine
I can use "normal command" now
Thank a lot.........................Millhouse for president!!!

OpenELEC:~ # journalctl --no-pager | grep autostart.sh
Jun 24 13:18:37 OpenELEC autostart.sh[381]: Adding 3rd Party libraries to LD_LIBRARY_PATH!
Jun 24 13:18:37 OpenELEC autostart.sh[389]: Mounting RAM-based /var/tmp/libhack/3rdparty - requesting 1888k
Jun 24 13:18:37 OpenELEC autostart.sh[401]: Succesfully updated /etc/profile.d
Hello
I am new in this forum and would like to get some help on how to update librtmp on my NON rooted Amazon Fire TV (FTV). I have followed the wiki instruction (/data/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/lib/librtmp.so) but when i browser till "lib" i dont see anything in there. Is it because I havent done rooting the device yet?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Hi! @RedPenguin

I bought the Minix X8-H.
But i can't replace librtmp file coz its not rooted .
Can u pls tall me how can replace the librtmp file in apk or can u pls replace it for me ( xbmcminix-armeabi-v7a_13.3.0)

Download link:
http://www.minix.com.hk/Support/14060516072927.html

PLS HELP
Thanks
@RedPenguin
Is there any Streamfly patch for RK3088 chips based android XBMC? I tried your apk with RK chip devices...result is not good..any clue how I update my RK chip XBMC with streamfly?
(2014-07-12, 02:34)shuvro Wrote: Hi! @RedPenguin

I bought the Minix X8-H.
But i can't replace librtmp file coz its not rooted .
Can u pls tall me how can replace the librtmp file in apk or can u pls replace it for me ( xbmcminix-armeabi-v7a_13.3.0)

Download link:
http://www.minix.com.hk/Support/14060516072927.html

PLS HELP
Thanks

I have the same device and also looking for this. Please help.

Also, I am still not clear what kind of links/plugins make use of librtmp? Is it just for live streams?
Hey guys, I recently fresh installed a Ubuntu 14.04 mini server x64 and am running XBMC. I tried to update my librtmp.so.0 the way that I always used to using git clone. After updating the file, XBMC is now is a bootloop. Unfortunately I didn't back up the original librtmp.so.0 file. I have tried a couple different earlier versions from the first post of this thread but no go. Can anyone provide me with some suggestions on what to do here?

Below are the files that I have on my system, and I am unsure if the file /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so is really supposed to be /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so.0.

/usr/lib/librtmp.so
/usr/lib/librtmp.so.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librtmp.so

* Update - I decided to fresh install again. This time after re-installing I backed up my librtmp.so.0 (it definitely is librtmp.so.0) and then replaced with the librtmp.so.0 from RP's link in the original post; http://www.mediafire.com/?x4cvp5hl4m9xr and it bootlooped again. Was able to copy the backup and its stable again. Here is a full debug log of what was happening;

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8076470/
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
librtmp - Help Thread8