Thumbnail rendering?
i am working on rendering the thumbnail panel so you can adjust the settings and see direct results. my questions or statements. if they are not correct please let me know.

item is the overall item and is also the spacing:
if itemwidth=100 then the second item would be postioned at 100 in the view and the next one at 200 ect..

the texture width is the focus, no focus image and is centered within the item:
if itemwidth=100 and texturewidth=80 then there would be a spacing of 10 on each side wich would be 20 between two textures.

overtop of the texture would be the thumb. this is the actual icon image loaded for each item and is streched to the thumbwidth, height.

the positioning of the thumb(icon) compared to the texture is effected by thumbposx and thumbposy so if texture x=10 and thumbposx=5 then the thumb x would be 15.

if this is correct or partly correct please let me know!

oh and how is the text positioned?

thanks for any help with this.

i think you are correct, there's no texture offsets so they should be centered. and i believe the thumb offset is based off the texture space, not the item space.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
correct concerning item placement (itemwidth/itemheight is used to space things out)

correct concerning texturewidth and textureheight - the image is presented centered horizontally, with the top at 0 (or at a multiple of itemheight for rows 2 and up).

not quite correct about the thumb image. it's placed over the top of the focus image, and is placed at the offset specified, and uses the width and height specified as a bounding box. however, it is not stretched to the width and height. instead, it is displayed so that the aspect ratio of the thumb is preserved. we take into account the pixel ratio of the display mode when calculating this (see guilib/guiimage.cpp for details)

text positioning is centered within the texturewidth, and is positioned at textureheight in the y direction.

let me know if you need more info.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

ok thanks. i have it done to render a regular but not a big thumb. looks just like it does in xbmc.

jmarshall i think your going to be surprised at the next ver. of my app. as of now i can open every xmlfile from the pm3 skin and render almost exact to what it looks like in xbmc! Smile

i still want to improve some controls like the textbox and stuff but all the most common controls render the same as they do in xbmc. you can click on buttons and thumbs and they show the focus images and everything Smile
with this app you will be many peoples' hero!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnail rendering?0