Linux Weird frame-rate bug with smart playlists
Hey all.

I'm having a weird problem with Smart Playlists and I'm hoping someone has ideas on what it is that's going on. The problem really might be with the video sub-system but I've only seen it with playback using a playlist.

I have a bunch of Looney Tunes cartoon episodes that were ripped from DVD and then converted to H.264 using Handbrake. When I converted the titles I chose "original frame-rate" within Handbrake. I observe that some of the cartoons are 23.976 FPS and others are 29.9x FPS.

All of the episodes, if played individually work fine.... however, I've got a smart playlist that simply plays back all "Looney Tunes" episodes in random order and here's where I see the issue.

After a 29.9x FPS video has played, when the next video that's 29.9x is played back, the audio goes completely out of sync. Sometimes the video slows to a crawl and plays back at just a few frames per second. I never observe the problem with 23.976 video.

Is this a known issue? Where would I start to look in XBMC for something that is involved here? I am running OpenElec 3.0 on an i3 setup with a GT610 video card. I have playback set for "sync to display" and "sync playback to source". My AVR (Onkyo 818) and TV (Panny VT30) both support all of these frame-rates.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird frame-rate bug with smart playlists0