export library not working?
trying to export the library in separate files, in preparation for a mysql setup. when i click export library it is over in like 2 seconds. i have 13,000 something artists, it doesn't seem possible that it's doing it that fast. fresh frodo install. i also don't see any extra info in the album folders.
this is what exporting as a single file looks like
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<musicdb />

http://pastebin.com/0wYNL95k

one other thought, my music drive has all my backups, rips etc in multiple sources. lotsa duplication. could this be an issue?

and not to be overtly stupid, but does the advanced settings xml file have to be in the main xbmc install with sql? the wiki said put it in all installs that you wish to share with, but does that mean the main machine also?
exporting the video library to separate folders worked fine last night. but not music.
"stuck.....stuck!!" :-) christmas story anyone?
this is a critical step for my move to my sql. even reinstalled a fresh xbmc- deleted user-app data-roaming xbmc and everything. then rescanned my music library. took a day. still can't export the music library, tho the video export to separate files works.

hopefully someone can make sense of the log. i tried to export the music library right before i shutdown, but i'm lost...
one final bump for luck...
OK, I'll do my best. I've both done export and move to MySql in past couple of weeks so they are working.

1. Obvious point, but did you scrape info into library for your music, I ask because of this:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ic+library

By the sound of how long it took it sounds like you did, unless you already have the nfos and it's just not overwriting. The sources shouldn't matter, the export should just look at the path of the file and put the nfo and art next to it. If you got the single file export you should check that to see if the file paths look correct, i.e. the musicdb.xml file you exported..

2. You need the advancedsettings.xml to tell your front ends to look for the MySQL rather than the local app data folder. So if you use a NAS like me that isn't a front end you don't need the file there, but if you're hosting the database on one of your playing machines you'll need it as if it were a client.
ya know, i never did "query info for all artists". didn't think i had to, but it's doing it now and does seem to be getting extra info. thanks welshpaul for pointing me in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
export library not working?0