Cannot stream any video from Mediaportal Server to Raspberry Pi.
Hi there,

I have recently purchased to Raspberry Pi to act as a client to my mediaportal server but have been unable to watch any video on it.

I have purchased and added the Mpeg2 and VC1 codecs for the Pi, set up the XBMC plugin on the server and fully set up the Pi with the Mediaportal add-on.

I also set up a static IP address for the Pi.

Whenever I turn on the Pi, it automatically updates the EPG and Recording folder, so I know that it is communicating fine with the Server.

The problem is when I actually click on the EPG to play live TV or a recorded program - it says working and then nothing happens. I have tried everything and everything seems fine except for the fact that the Pi will not show any video.

I have also tried disabling the firewall and virus checker on the server and this did not help.

I also tried streaming live TV to the Pi and seeing what Mediaportal server was saying - it said that it was successfully streaming live TV under the manual control tab.

I have spent all weekend trying to work out what the problem is but cannot think of anything else to try.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Alex

Just to add - I am using Mediaportal 1.3.0 RC with the XBMC Plugin v1.3.0.121.
Have you checked the xbmc.log on the Pi? As for the streaming method (in the MP client plugin setup on the Pi), you are probably using TS reader? Is the file share that contains the transport streams from the TV server accessible on the Pi?

Which distro are you running on your Pi (Raspbmc or OpenELEC) ?

I'm running OpenELEC 3.0 on mine and it works very well with the MP TV server (Cannot remember the exact version numbers I'm running though).
Sounds indeed like a share access problem. Check the xbmc.log file for more hints.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Thanks for your replies.

I agree that that it appears that something is blocking the stream getting through,.

I am currently using Raspbmc and am indeed using the TS reader.

I am not quite sure how to access the xbmc.log from within Raspbmc - how would I go about doing this?

Thanks
SSH to the RPI and then cd /home/pi/.xbmc/temp in there you'll find your xbmc.log. Upload that here and we'll take a look.
Sorry - bit of a beginner with this. What does SSH mean?
I'm going to take it that you are a Windows user in that case. Download Putty and run it, then type the IP address of your RPI and connect. Follow the on screen instructions. You will then be at a funny command prompt. To view the log file, type more xbmc.log and hit the spacebar until you get to the end. You can then select the text and paste it.

See how you get on.

Cheers

Garry
Hello,

I am a bit embarrassed to admit that all the problem was the sharing rights to my recording and timeshift folders - I did not give full read/write access to "Everyone".

Working perfectly now - many thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks also for the heads up on Putty - I shall have a play around with this, just in case I need any future log files.

Alex
Glad you solved your problem Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot stream any video from Mediaportal Server to Raspberry Pi.0