• 12(current)
Release Janitor
Firstly, thanks very much for this addon, such a useful feature.

I was wondering, is there any way (or a planned feature) so that it only cleans removed files? I guess this isn't possible since the file cleaner wouldn't see those files as in the library anymore. I just find myself wanting something like a prompt when removing videos so that it will clean the associated files (subs, nfo, art, other metadata).

e.g. Hit delete on C:\movies\Airheads (1994) and it will prompt to delete the file as well as banner.jpg, clearart.png, .nfo, etc
Hey guys, just trying this addon. The condition setting for diskspace path only gives me special://. It doesn't allow me to browse to the external media storage volume. Did I miss something ? Thanks.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hi, this seems like a great addon but I recently just upgraded from Gotham to Kodi. Any word on an update?
(2015-01-15, 10:47)KidVulcan Wrote: Hi, this seems like a great addon but I recently just upgraded from Gotham to Kodi. Any word on an update?

unfortunatlly it seems to be abandoned... such a shame as I believe this should be a core feature...
(2014-12-23, 12:46)jeffski10 Wrote: For those looking for it on Kodi, thought it worth saying that I installed File Cleaner manually to my add-ons folder so it bypassed the version check (unzipped the download from GIT). I did a manual run and it removed what I expected so I have wiped out around 400 TV shows. Haven't tested movies yet.
That's correct. That's exactly how I still have a working version on my personal PC. This is the way to go until the addon is updated for Helix.
(2015-01-10, 09:32)activate Wrote: Hey guys, just trying this addon. The condition setting for diskspace path only gives me special://. It doesn't allow me to browse to the external media storage volume. Did I miss something ? Thanks.
It's a bit unclear but you should be able to keep pressing the "back" button on your keyboard or app, at least on windows. There is no visual indicator in the file browser that you are actually able to jump out of the special:// path.
(2015-01-05, 12:04)Double_Digit Wrote: I installed it manually and although it installs and shows up on my addon list, it always says that there is nothing to clean.
Any chance this gets ported to v13? it did exacly what i needed. now i have a bunch of read episodes that i have to search manually to delelte!
Thank you!
Without any debug log I can't see what's wrong, but I assume you are using different network protocols in the library than you use in the File Cleaner settings. I had the same issue after switching from SMB to NFS, because I forgot to update the holding folder's path to use NFS as well.
(2015-01-15, 20:08)Double_Digit Wrote: unfortunatlly it seems to be abandoned... such a shame as I believe this should be a core feature...
It might seem that way, but it really is not. I'm currently studying for my final exams and finishing my master's thesis, so I have no time to spare on the addon right now. As I mentioned before it will definitely get updated, but I don't know when that might be. Also it is possible to just use the zip method explained above, or do a git clone directly into your addons folder. The addon should then show up and load automatically.
(2015-01-15, 20:25)Anthirian Wrote:
(2015-01-15, 20:08)Double_Digit Wrote: unfortunatlly it seems to be abandoned... such a shame as I believe this should be a core feature...
It might seem that way, but it really is not. I'm currently studying for my final exams and finishing my master's thesis, so I have no time to spare on the addon right now. As I mentioned before it will definitely get updated, but I don't know when that might be. Also it is possible to just use the zip method explained above, or do a git clone directly into your addons folder. The addon should then show up and load automatically.

I'm sorry! I am trully gratefull for work work here.. I just assumed you were no longer working on it.

I did install it through the zip method but it does not find anything to clean. Other people had this problem from before the helix upgrade.

(2015-01-07, 05:42)DWIFelon Wrote:
(2015-01-05, 12:04)Double_Digit Wrote: I installed it manually and although it installs and shows up on my addon list, it always says that there is nothing to clean.

Any chance this gets ported to v13? it did exacly what i needed. now i have a bunch of read episodes that i have to search manually to delelte!

Thank you!

DD, I had the same problem with this version before Kodi.
I had to make a share that included all of my Tv and Movies, Then I could move them to a Watched folder under that share.
I hope this helps.
I liked it before I could move them to another drive.

BTW Keep up the good work Guys. I Love Kodi!!!!!

I also think this might have something to do with when i moved my library to a mysql DB. Hope this helps in the future when you get a break!

Thank you very much for this amazing add on
So, I downloaded the zip from the GIT link and tried extracting it to C:\Users\e1HTC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
as others have suggested. Unfortunately it is not showing up in Kodi under Programs. Still, I am very glad to hear that this addon is not in fact dead. Good luck with your studies
(2015-01-17, 10:59)KidVulcan Wrote: So, I downloaded the zip from the GIT link and tried extracting it to C:\Users\e1HTC\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons
as others have suggested. Unfortunately it is not showing up in Kodi under Programs. Still, I am very glad to hear that this addon is not in fact dead. Good luck with your studies

I did the same for my Raspberry OpenELEC configuration, how can I start the addon manually? Gues I have to create autostart.sh, so I id that, but since I have no Linux knowledge at all, I have no idea which command(s) I should us to run the add-on...
Can anyone, other then Anthirian because he's busy making himself a better man, maybe explain in more detail how they got this addon to work with Kodi?

--Thanks
Guys, this addon is no longer cleaning my library after deleting/moving the files. It used to do it but now it doesn't what could be the reason?
@Anthirian, life takes priority, best of luck with your exams !!
---------------
im setting up a fresh install of rasBMC (kodi-helix on raspberryPi) ... forced it like suggested above

1 > grab the zip from git
2 > unzip to ~/.kodi/addons
3 > restart, configure & run it once
" Th-th-th-that's all, folks! "
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
(2015-01-25, 23:50)zosky Wrote: @Anthirian, life takes priority, best of luck with your exams !!
---------------
im setting up a fresh install of rasBMC (kodi-helix on raspberryPi) ... forced it like suggested above

1 > grab the zip from git
2 > unzip to ~/.kodi/addons
3 > restart, configure & run it once
" Th-th-th-that's all, folks! "

This got it to work!! I was trying to install through the zip like normal. ThanksBig Grin
I just use the Library Auto Updater addon which has the option of cleaning the library too. This along with the cleaner addon work exactly as it should. It's great Smile
I've tried getting the GIT version of the Kodi-ready File Cleaner, but I'm getting an error related to dependencies not being met. I'm running this on OpenELEC 5.0 for Raspberry Pi. Any ideas? Just as a note, if you attempt to override the warning and enable version 4.0.1 on Kodi, it seems to work but it completely ignores the exclusions (goodbye archived library).
First things first: if you're not sure everything works as intended, back up your data and/or do a test run without permanent deletion (see the disclaimer in the first post)! Second, I never said this is safe or Kodi-ready for that matter, but I received reports it was working fine until now. As you may have seen I have pushed a few commits tonight, but it's not nearly finished so don't use the master branch but download one of the official releases instead! Furthermore I have no idea what to do about the issue unless I see some kind of log of what happened. I'll be working on the new version in the coming days, but it might be a while until it's all ready.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4