• 3(current)
Release Janitor
Aha, that clarifies it a bit. Apparently moving a video via the XMBC Virtual File System (xbmcvfs) module does not play nice with shared libraries, whereas deleting works fine. I noticed from your log file that the deletes seem to be queued until the cleanup routine finishes, and the delete SQL command is executed afterwards. The way I move videos is by means of simply renaming them, but with the same filename and a different folder path. This seems to give problems. I will look into it once I have a bit more time to spare.
Well, I'm happy you figured it out! Big Grin
Quote:Unfortunately there is no output from the addon in the debug log you uploaded. This is because according to your log, the logging level is set too low: "NOTICE: Log level changed to 0".

Please add the following line to your advancedsettings.xml and try again.
PHP Code:
<loglevel>1</loglevel
At 03:33:52 "Log level changed to 2." That's when I turned debug logging on in the GUI.
Ah yes I see. Nevertheless, there is no output from the file cleaner, meaning I have no clue what goes wrong. Maybe you could try enabling it, saving the settings and then shutting down. Afterwards, please start XBMC (the addon will now start with XBMC) and give it a minute or so before you shut it down again. I would like to see the log of that last full run of XBMC if I am to fix the bug you're suffering from.
05:12:03 T:6760 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 640, in <module>
run = Cleaner()
File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 94, in __init__
self.cleanup()
File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 157, in cleanup
if self.delete_file(abs_path):
File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 484, in delete_file
self.debug("Deleting file at %s" % location)
File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 638, in debug
xbmc.log(__title__ + ": " + line)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--

On Windows.

File was: New Girl - 2x25 - Elaine’s Big Day - 720p WEB-DL.mkv
I tried to be on the safe side and wanted to have the deleted episodes moved to a temp folder for reviewing first.
I have a small SSD in a W8 system where XBMC is installed.
I also have a large HDD for all the data.
I couldn't change the location of the temp folder from the SSD to the HDD.....I could only choose folders in the "special folder": where XBMC is installed.
This way I run out of SSD space very quick.
Is there a way to change this?
(2013-05-22, 05:29)brotbuexe Wrote:
Code:
05:12:03 T:6760   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\XBMC\portable_data\addons\script.filecleaner\default.py", line 638, in debug
                                                xbmc.log(__title__ + ": " + line)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2019' in position 112: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
On Windows.

File was: New Girl - 2x25 - Elaine’s Big Day - 720p WEB-DL.mkv
Thank you for the bug report. I encountered the same error a week ago and pushed a fix for it to Github. It will be submitted to the XBMC repo soon. The issue lies with the special quote in the file name, in case you were wondering.

(2013-05-22, 12:15)Ridder Wrote: I tried to be on the safe side and wanted to have the deleted episodes moved to a temp folder for reviewing first.
I have a small SSD in a W8 system where XBMC is installed.
I also have a large HDD for all the data.
I couldn't change the location of the temp folder from the SSD to the HDD.....I could only choose folders in the "special folder": where XBMC is installed.
This way I run out of SSD space very quick.
Is there a way to change this?
With the default settings it appears as if you can only select folders in the "special://temp" folder, because the ".." item is not shown. However, I am able to go up a level by pressing backspace and there all my other hard drives are in fact selectable. Could you give this a try and see if it works for you?
Just an idea for those that don't want some tv shows deleted. I came up with a solution that i'm testing (yes i know its a hack job but it seems to work)

Make a new folder on the same drive as your tv for example called "Keep TV" and put this as your temporary holding folder rather than deleting it and tell XBMC to scan it to the library

You will have to manually go to that drive via a file manager to delete shows you don't want to keep, but its quicker than going round and deleting episodes manually.

Next time the video library is cleaned it will delete them from the library.

I hope everyone can follow my gibberish (its 2am here now) and that this can help someone.
I can see what you mean, but I think it will still require a lot of manual intervention if you only wish to keep one or two tv shows from being deleted.

Still, I appreciate you sharing your ideas until I figure out the best way to implement such a feature.
when i start up xbmc, after a few seconds the addon says it has failed, I cant make any sense of the log file, and wondered if anyone could help me see what the problem is. log file is here: Logfile
Thank you for the error report. It appears you have the same issue as brotbuexe above. This has been fixed and once your addon updates itself, there should be no more errors like this.
Are we just waiting for a push to the xbmc repo? Or do I need to intervene myself?
Yes, don't worry. I have just submitted a request to the XBMC repo for an update. It should be pulled later today, or at least sometime tomorrow. Your addon should update itself automatically once it detects the newer version.
ok thanks for your help and keep up the good work!
thanks
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4