• 4(current)
Release Janitor
Anthirian, please consider adding an option to monitor deleted files. Or at least a "dump" file of deleted items. It would be really helpful...

Thanks again
I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you elaborate on that please?
Hello,
first of all congratulations for this excellent addon.
I found a bug.If in the movie folder there are two different files (for example xxx.CD1.avi and xxx.CD2.avi) xbmc file cleaner only delete the first one,not both files.
Thanks.
(2013-06-07, 21:27)Anthirian Wrote: I'm not sure what you mean by that, could you elaborate on that please?

I meant just a log of deleted files... Just so we can keep a track of things.
(2013-06-10, 17:20)patria o muerte Wrote: Hello,
first of all congratulations for this excellent addon.
I found a bug.If in the movie folder there are two different files (for example xxx.CD1.avi and xxx.CD2.avi) xbmc file cleaner only delete the first one,not both files.
Thanks.
I see. That has to do with stacked files if I am not mistaken. The Dharma version also had issues with this type of videos. I will look into when I have some time. For now, please delete these leftovers yourself.

(2013-06-10, 17:22)lysin Wrote: I meant just a log of deleted files... Just so we can keep a track of things.
Ah yes, that is on my to do list. I just have to figure out the best way to do this, i.e. a separate log file, a special section in the addon config, or something else entirely. I have created an issue for it on Github.
I am wanting to setup File Cleaner and I have been looking at the settings. Basically I would like to to clean up my TV shows. But, I have one directory with shows that I have ripped from DVDs and I don't want anything from in there touched. I would like to to clean up watched TV shows after 7 days, but skip one particular folder. I can't find a way to configure that and I am concerned it will delete all my hard work. Suggestions??

David
First and foremost, if you are not sure what will get deleted, always use a temporary folder.

At the moment, there is no way of excluding certain folders from being cleaned. This is the next feature I will implement, but I am crazy busy at the moment, so it might take a while before it actually gets done.
Thank you for the reply. I will wait till that feature is ready. I can continue the way I am for the time being. Smile

Have a great day.

David
I have created a new settings tab that allows users to select up to three paths that will be excluded from deletes and moves. It checks the full path of the file that has expired and checks if it starts with one of the excluded paths you select. I think three paths should be enough to get the desired behavior. If you have a lot of shows you wish to keep, you'd best group them together under one top level folder which you then exclude.

This new feature is still being tweaked, but if you want to try it out, check out the exclusions branch on Github. Please report any bugs you may find to this topic.
(2013-07-13, 14:43)Anthirian Wrote: I have created a new settings tab that allows users to select up to three paths that will be excluded from deletes and moves.

Hi,

This seems to work great! May I make a suggestion though? Allow more than 3 paths? Maybe unlimited paths?

Cheers
Thanks for the feedback. I found a problem with smb paths myself which I will fix soon, so it's not yet ready to be merged into master yet.

The reason I chose three paths is because Trakt uses three as well, and you could just group your shows accordingly. For example a folder containing the shows to keep and another that you allow to be cleaned. Maybe I could increase it to 5, but not much more. It adds a lot of overhead that isn't really necessary.
I have fixed the issue with smb paths, and hopefully this also works for the other types of network paths such as afp, upnp and nfs. I am not able to test this though, so I'd love to get some feedback before I merge the branch and update the repo version.
With the exclusions option, can I exclude an entire smb server? I have a bunch of shares on machine "//mcp" that I do not want deleted (//mcp/movies, //mcp/tvshows, //mcp/videos, //mcp/music. //mcp/recorded tv). I have a single share on "//HTPC" that I do want deleted (//htpc/recorded tv).

So is it possible to setup the exclusion just on "//mcp" ?

One idea would be an alternate approach: Inclusions. Choose up to 3 folders that you do want included in the deletions, and ignore everything else, and allow the user to have both options, or choose one or the other if having both is too complex.
At the moment this is not yet supported, mainly because I strip the protocol, user, password and server from all network paths before matching with excluded paths. I can (hopefully) easily change this to not strip the server, which lets you select the top level folder, ie. smb://mcp.

To change all code to (or add) inclusions seems unnecessary once the server is no longer stripped from the path.
I have implemented the exclusion of entire servers. They seem to be working allright, at least for me. Could you try it yourself and provide me with some feedback please?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4