• 10(current)
Release Janitor
(2014-09-14, 14:32)maka Wrote: Has anyone had problems with the script cleaning things that are in the exclusion folders? I assume this is because of my setup somehow. My exclusion folder is included in my library, could this be the reason?

I've made it like that so that XBMC will see the movies as there, until I take manual action (delete them or move them to my "sorted folder").

Wonderful script btw, really saves time on cleaning up your library. Instead of looking through hundreds of movies I just have to check through maybe 10 once a week.

EDIT:
My current folder setup is specified below. All
"D:\library\Movies\" | This is where all my movie downloads are unpacked too, my main XBMC movie folder.
"D:\library\Movies - Need sorting\" | Where XBMC File Cleaner quarantines files. This is also part of my movie lib.
"D:\library\Movies - Sorted\" | Excluded directory in XbmcFC. This is where I move the files that I want XbmcFC to keep even if they fit the filter.

My problem is that it moves files from "D:\library\Movies - Sorted" to "D:\library\Movies - Need sorting\"

Best regards
k
I'm not sure why this happens, your folder structure looks fine. Any movie starting with the excluded path should never be touched. It also must be in the library, because if it wasn't then the addon doesn't know about it being watched. I'm afraid I can't solve your problem without looking into the log files. Please see the first post about how to do that.

(2014-09-28, 17:14)ijourneaux Wrote: I use Sickbeard to download TV episodes. Since I am running out of disk space I was looking at trying to implement the FileCleaner service add-on. My problem is that some series I like to keep around, other can be deleted after they are watched. I know that the file cleaner has a ability to exclude upto 3 folder from cleaning but I don't what to screw up SickBeard.

How do people have their folder structure setup to simplify the integration of Sickbeard File Cleaner.
What you can do is move series you absolutely want to keep to a separate folder, and then you add this folder as a new source for Sick Beard and at the same time exclude it from cleaning. This will mean Sick Beard has to rescan and update your shows, but the next time you add a show you only have to decide whether deleting is allowed or not and choose the source folder accordingly.

(2014-09-28, 19:31)media-man Wrote: Hi!

Great idea of an addon!
I installed t but unfortunatelly it does not work.
I have configured it properly and when I run it ther is the message "no cleaning is required" although there are films an tv shows which are marked as watched.

What can I do that tey are moved/deleted?

I run XBMC on a raspberry
Have you enabled cleaning for either movies, tv shows or music videos? It is required that you at least enable one of these, otherwise no cleaning will be performed at all. If you have, and still nothing is being cleaned I will need to see your logs. See the first post for details on how to do that.
Today the addon seems to work. Butt only on newly watched episodes. The episodes I marked yesterday aren't deleted.
What causes this strange behaviour?
This addon is exactly what I've been looking for so thank you for taking time and making this!

I have some problems though and haven't found answers in this thread.
It won't remove any movies that are still in rar (almost all of mine are)

Log example:
Code:
21:27:32 T:140277482235648   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file rar://nfs%3a%2f%2f192.168.0.10%2fexport%2fdata%2fMovies%2fThe.Hangover.III.2013.%2fthe.hangover.iii.2013.rar/The.Hangover.III.2013.mkv

And I've chosen to delete empty folders, but the addon isn't removing everything so it can't delete the folder.
What's left for those actually moved:

Movie-folder/Sample/sample.mkv
Movie-folder/.actors/*.jpg

Would it be possible, since all my movies are in their own folders, to just move/delete Movie-folder, and not Movie-folder/movie.mkv/rar/avi etc?
This sounds just what I've been looking for. I watch/screen music videos and need a way to delete them as I'm watching them (or later in batch mode). Can you change the rating as your watching for deletion later? I figure I can set all my videos to 10, as I watch I can set to 0 and skip to next video. Then schedule cleanup for later of rating = 0. All my videos are in the same local folder.
(2014-10-08, 17:36)music_lover Wrote: This sounds just what I've been looking for. I watch/screen music videos and need a way to delete them as I'm watching them (or later in batch mode). Can you change the rating as your watching for deletion later? I figure I can set all my videos to 10, as I watch I can set to 0 and skip to next video. Then schedule cleanup for later of rating = 0. All my videos are in the same local folder.

Okay, music videos don't have a rating so I'm screwed. It would be neat if this addon had more filters, like artist or genre. That way I could set unwanted MV's to artist="delete" and config the same. As it is, this addon doesn't support MV's very well.
@music_lover - Looking at the code for the addon, it has the possibility to filter music videos on last played date as well as playcount. Whilst I've not used it, is it not possible to combine those two conditions to delete your stuff ?

I.E. if last played date is today and playcount >0 then delete ?

EDIT

Also, according to the code, you can filter on artist. See https://github.com/Anthirian/script.file...default.py
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-10-10, 16:51)black_eagle Wrote: @music_lover - Looking at the code for the addon, it has the possibility to filter music videos on last played date as well as playcount. Whilst I've not used it, is it not possible to combine those two conditions to delete your stuff ?

EDIT

Also, according to the code, you can filter on artist. See https://github.com/Anthirian/script.file...default.py

The config states that MV's need to be played all the way through to satisfy the "played" status, I don't have to need to do that. I see the code you refer to, but these options are not in the AO config setup.
I went try try and implement FilerCleaner today on my TV Shows per your comments above. Unfortunately, I bumpped into another issue because I have several drives with movies that I don't want to clean. More drives than you have exclusions.

Have you considered implement the opposite of excluded folders where you would specify what folfers you would like cleaned?
(2014-10-07, 21:47)Rittsel Wrote: This addon is exactly what I've been looking for so thank you for taking time and making this!

I have some problems though and haven't found answers in this thread.
It won't remove any movies that are still in rar (almost all of mine are)

Log example:
Code:
21:27:32 T:140277482235648   ERROR: Rename - Error renaming file rar://nfs%3a%2f%2f192.168.0.10%2fexport%2fdata%2fMovies%2fThe.Hangover.III.2013.%2fthe.hangover.iii.2013.rar/The.Hangover.III.2013.mkv

And I've chosen to delete empty folders, but the addon isn't removing everything so it can't delete the folder.
What's left for those actually moved:

Movie-folder/Sample/sample.mkv
Movie-folder/.actors/*.jpg

Would it be possible, since all my movies are in their own folders, to just move/delete Movie-folder, and not Movie-folder/movie.mkv/rar/avi etc?
I don't use rars for playback personally, so I would need to see some example of a working file structure. Also, if you could provide a link to any wiki information regarding this feature, it would help speed up the process. I don't think it would be too hard to add this functionality, once I know how XBMC handles them. Deleting entire folders is not as simple as it may sound. We first have to check that it is allowed to be deleted, which is a whole other problem in itself, and if it is then each file has to be deleted individually recursively.

By the way, does XBMC delete all the rars for you without leftovers if you choose remove and delete from the GUI?

(2014-10-08, 17:36)music_lover Wrote: This sounds just what I've been looking for. I watch/screen music videos and need a way to delete them as I'm watching them (or later in batch mode). Can you change the rating as your watching for deletion later? I figure I can set all my videos to 10, as I watch I can set to 0 and skip to next video. Then schedule cleanup for later of rating = 0. All my videos are in the same local folder.
(2014-10-10, 16:28)music_lover Wrote: Okay, music videos don't have a rating so I'm screwed. It would be neat if this addon had more filters, like artist or genre. That way I could set unwanted MV's to artist="delete" and config the same. As it is, this addon doesn't support MV's very well.
(2014-10-10, 16:51)black_eagle Wrote: @music_lover - Looking at the code for the addon, it has the possibility to filter music videos on last played date as well as playcount. Whilst I've not used it, is it not possible to combine those two conditions to delete your stuff ?

EDIT

(2014-10-10, 18:14)music_lover Wrote: The config states that MV's need to be played all the way through to satisfy the "played" status, I don't have to need to do that. I see the code you refer to, but these options are not in the AO config setup.
It is possible to filter by artist, correct. The major issue with this is that you will first have to scan the library for any artists that are currently in it and have music videos. Once you have this list you would have to create a separate set of options that allow enabling and disabling of artists that are allowed to be cleaned. Furthermore, it would mean you have to keep this list up to date thus having to perform an entire library scan prior to cleaning. This will make the addon very slow and I am therefore hesitant to add this functionality.

The config does indeed state that music videos cannot be played partially, i.e. XBMC doesn't store a resume point for them. This does not mean however that you will have to skip to the end for it to count as played. You could also change a value in advancedsettings.xml like so:

PHP Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <
video>
    <
playcountminimumpercent>75</playcountminimumpercent>
  </
video>
</
advancedsettings
Once you exceed the percentage set here your video will be marked as played automatically once stopped, allowing XBMCFC to pick it up and clean it. Unfortunately XBMC does not store ratings

(2014-10-10, 21:49)ijourneaux Wrote: I went try try and implement FilerCleaner today on my TV Shows per your comments above. Unfortunately, I bumpped into another issue because I have several drives with movies that I don't want to clean. More drives than you have exclusions.

Have you considered implement the opposite of excluded folders where you would specify what folfers you would like cleaned?
You mean to say you have more than three different drives for media, so even if you use the folder layout I described earlier you cannot exclude them all? That does sound like an issue, indeed. I may be able to implement included folders, but that will not happen anytime soon I'm afraid. I do not have a lot of time these months, since I'm currently working on my master's thesis. Is there a particular reason you have so many drives? If not you could merge them in the meantime, until you have at most three of them serving XBMC videos.
I have 4 3Tb plus 2-3 Smaller usb extremely drives
Quote:I.E. if last played date is today and playcount >0 then delete ?

hmmm, i'm not sure the playcount option is viable, as it may be require hyper-attention. For example, if I want to keep the video, but I don't feel like seeing it at the moment. If I'm not paying close attention and I skip it, it gets whacked later. But I do like this approach because I don't need to make any change to the file at viewing time, which is another problem. The only library field I have access to at viewing time (from the now playing screen) is the bookmark. I guess, for me, basing delete by the existence of a bookmark would be ideal. But its probably not ideal for everybody.

EDIT

So, to create this scenario by the AO settings, I would set:

Expire After = 1 day? - how exactly does expire_after work with last played?

by_date_played = {"field": "lastplayed", "operator": "notinthelast", "value": "%d" % get_setting(expire_after)}

so, for however amount of expiry days I set, eventually every video I don't play all the way through (according to the playcount min setting) will get whacked?
Hi,

I am running the add-on on on a Raspberry Pi (running XBian) and whenever I run the add-on it states "no cleaning required" but I have everything ticked in the config and there are plenty of files that need to be deleted. I have attached a cut down version of the log (just for when it runs) and I'm not sure it is running correctly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! Smile

http://pastebin.com/bP02X3x6
(2014-10-14, 17:33)music_lover Wrote: So, to create this scenario by the AO settings, I would set:

Expire After = 1 day? - how exactly does expire_after work with last played?

by_date_played = {"field": "lastplayed", "operator": "notinthelast", "value": "%d" % get_setting(expire_after)}

so, for however amount of expiry days I set, eventually every video I don't play all the way through (according to the playcount min setting) will get whacked?
expire_after uses a value that will be used with SQL to retrieve videos from the library. It takes an integer value, and combined with the last_played time, including seconds, that is stored in the library, this means it is actually quite accurate. All videos that are marked as played after the number of days you enter here will indeed be cleaned up. However music videos, as stated, do not have resume points, meaning they will first have to be watched past the percentage you can specify in advancedsettings.xml before they even get marked watched. Any video that satisfies both these conditions (watched, and watched in the last x days) will indeed be cleaned up eventually, should you have enabled those filters.

(2014-10-14, 22:46)greenri Wrote: Hi,

I am running the add-on on on a Raspberry Pi (running XBian) and whenever I run the add-on it states "no cleaning required" but I have everything ticked in the config and there are plenty of files that need to be deleted. I have attached a cut down version of the log (just for when it runs) and I'm not sure it is running correctly? Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance! Smile

http://pastebin.com/bP02X3x6
Unfortunately this clipped log does not show the addon is even starting at all. Please upload the full log instead.
Sorry about that! I've attached the log (it was too big to attach in full so I have attached as much as I can from the beginning)

Thanks for your help! Smile

http://pastebin.com/FTpHAiKT
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Janitor4