XBMC development slowing?
a quick glance at the official cvs changelog reveals the inescapable truth: at the time of this posting there have been no checkins for the past 5 days.
the last time we saw this much inactivity was in june 2004 (a sad time some of you may remember for the 6 full days of no updates).

*gasp* could development on our beloved xbmc be slowing down?
is the unthinkable our new reality? ohh please say it isn't so!

-ast
i've already bought this subject to the devs attention and charly linked me to the sourceforge site status which i going through a revamp. dev access i fine now but anon cvs is not uptodate until after the weekend.

so don't panic  Smile

http://sourceforge.net/docman....id=2352

ohh thank the gods! not seeing daily updates is very frightening.
:-)

-ast
why? what else is needed? i'm looking forward to a final build.
ermmmm dunno look at the fantastic features added in the past 5 days and tell me - what is needed Smile

no seriously! the past week we have had some great features and bug fixes and when the lads are ready the features top and the bug fixes begin for another final release.

maybe after links has been sync'd!
yeah, links would be kind of cool. but is anyone really working on integration anymore? i thought that was a dead deal...

anyway, i love these guys and what they due. truly! bar none to this wonderful app and everything it has done. but you have to admit, there's not really much left. the last major update was the dvd player. i use most features but maybe i'm not a power user. i don't do the authenticate thing, so that along with other recent changes either doesn't affect me or i just don't notice.

last week mostly looks like backend stuff (to me). imo, nothing really noticeable. oh, wait, my videos pip was a half centimeter off!!! and i can rub the rumble on my frank n beans when navigating... yes, you're so right...heheh j/k

they've done so much with this app, i just don't see much left. seems to me like updates are becoming more and more infrequent too, which is a good thing for me, 'cuz i hate updating only to see a neat feature put in shortly thereafter. i like it when it's slow... good thing it is Smile

dunno, guess i just don't update like i used to... so what does it for you? i could pass/go on any of this stuff but i update sometimes without even looking at the changelog which is what i did today...

- 23-11-2005 fixed: textures outside of textures.xpr were failing to load.
- 23-11-2005 fixed: fading code for homepage could cause multiple images to show in some cases (eg pm2).
- 23-11-2005 added: skin.hastheme(themename) visibility condition.
- 23-11-2005 fixed: [ 1358363 ] albuminfo for none existing albums thanks to pade2.
- 23-11-2005 fixed: removed invalid .jpg files from cvs.
- 23-11-2005 changed: default album cover in skin is now "defaultalbumcover.png"
- 23-11-2005 changed: added flag to directory classes to specify whether they should prompt the user
for authentication. background scanners (picture thumb loader, ram control) turn
this flag off.
- 23-11-2005 changed: redid the skin theme code. see the online manual for information on skin themes.
- 23-11-2005 fixed: buttonscroller didn't obey visibility conditions.
- 23-11-2005 added: <randomize> and <keepaspectratio> tags to the multiimage control.
- 21-11-2005 added: you can now specify where to store playlists. they are now separated in video and music sections.
- 21-11-2005 fixed: delete in my video title view renamed to remove title to avoid confusion. also removed a file-level operation (rename file) from the title view context menu.
- 21-11-2005 fixed: somehow a hack for dvd menu's was removed from the dvdplayer. added it back again
- 21-11-2005 added: new multiimage control. a mini slideshow control.
- 19-11-2005 added: you can now use relative paths in combination with $home in xboxmediacenter.xml. hi to jjsmither. warning: remember that $home is q:\ by default, not the actual xbmc directory path.
- 18-11-2005 updated: spanish language file (thnx to jose_t)
- 18-11-2005 updated: norwegian language file (thnx to vnm)
- 18-11-2005 updated: korean language file (thnx to akoxko)
- 18-11-2005 updated: italian language file (thnx to kotix)
- 18-11-2005 updated: german language file
- 18-11-2005 updated: french language file (thnx to flymaster)
- 18-11-2005 updated: finnish language file (thnx to jutski)
- 18-11-2005 updated: danish language file (thnx to hugener)
- 18-11-2005 updated: chinese (traditional) language file (thnx to omenpica)
- 18-11-2005 cleanup: removed some code duplication of the the delete/rename code in pictures/video/music.
- 17-11-2005 fixed: location of the video preview window was incorrectly calibrated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC development slowing?0