• 4(current)
DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported
Yeah, the only thing I could find ontheir ouya.tv/support site was that Ouya will passthrough 5.1 but, I can not even test that because I do not have my ouya yet!
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
It's a bit of everything really XBMC was not particularly quick the audio was not an issue after I fixed it. The random crashing, I could not watch anything for more than 45 minutes without the network connection dropping out. I am picking up an Intel NUC and not looking back
Damn, I hadn't heard of the Intel NUC before. Looks pretty cool. You going to put Windows or Linux on it?
Probably openelec looking at YouTube the celeron version happily plays everything including bluray rips
You guys realize that the OUYA is using alpha, not stable, releases of XBMC, right? It will actually continue to get less stable as new features are added, until various issues are worked out and XBMC goes into feature freeze and then release.
@ned Scott
is XBMC 12.2 (stable) an alpha on the ouya?
(2013-06-14, 08:51)lesch Wrote: @ned Scott
is XBMC 12.2 (stable) an alpha on the ouya?

Why would you use the build that doesn't have hardware decoding? To be honest, I wouldn't call XBMC v12.2 for Android stable, either. I don't know how many times we have to say it, I don't know how big and bold the font has to be, but XBMC for Android is still being developed. It's not up to par for XBMC on other OSes, and thinking that this is "as good as it gets" means you haven't been paying attention to what's been going on.

Then on top of all that, OUYA's software is still being tweaked and shouldn't be considered stable. If OUYA didn't make that clear enough in their kickstarter or isn't making that clear now on their website, shame on them, but last I looked they were being straight forward about about all that kind of stuff.

EDIT: Which is not to say that I think people should have to wait if they don't want to, but this isn't something unexpected. This is something we've been telling people since XBMC for Android was announced. This is why you can't get XBMC on the Google Play store yet. It's not done, and yes, it will get better.
the problem i found with the newest alpha was many of the add-ons would run script errors as it was alpha and still buggy on the ouya. 12.2 froyo runs fine as well as the add-ons. the only stutter i notice on the end of transfering data via wifi on the ouya is the built in wifi itself, a wifi bridge will allow the unit to stream full 1080 with no issues. But i'd never consider this as an "OS" rather a front end for video and music on the network. though other launchers such as nova give a better experience the ouya layout in general is need of a major overhaul before launch to be taken serious by anyone wishing to do more than just play a game.
My Ouya arrived today. I've found a quick fix for DTS to work on youtube.
Just start the movie with sound via HDMI. Your receiver will make a lot of noise.
Just unplug the hdmi cable from your tv en plug it in again .... DTS is working.
Does this means it is a bug in xbmc or Ouya firmware?
Intel NUC BOXD34010WYK2 / Intel mSata 525 30GB / Kingston 8 GB / Intel 7260hmw
The problem is believed to be in the Ouya firmware. But, I would think that if the exact mechanism/issue can be isolated, it can be worked-around in XBMC.

Does turning your receiver off and on again (after starting the movie) also achieve the same result?
(2013-06-26, 22:00)speedway Wrote: My Ouya arrived today. I've found a quick fix for DTS to work on youtube.
Just start the movie with sound via HDMI. Your receiver will make a lot of noise.
Just unplug the hdmi cable from your tv en plug it in again .... DTS is working.
Does this means it is a bug in xbmc or Ouya firmware?
That is hardly a fix!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
[/quote]That is hardly a fix!
[/quote]

Picky, picky, picky I guess a better term might have been a "workaround". I knew what he meant. Tongue
Nothing left in my right brain, Nothing right in my left brain :-P
(2013-06-27, 01:21)nickr Wrote: That is hardly a fix!

Workaround is indeed a better way to express it :-) i'll try switching receiver on and off after applying this little trick.
Just switched off and on my receiver and DTS was still working...
I don't understand the "fix"/"workaround" anyway. You say to
Quote: start the movie with sound via HDMI. Your receiver will make a lot of noise
So the hdmi cable is currently plugged from the ouya to the receiver. Then you say
Quote:Just unplug the hdmi cable from your tv [and] plug it in again
So how did the cable get plugged into the TV in the first place?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS passthrough on Ouya - not currently supported1