[Workaround Identified] Consistently unable to play large files
Video 
System Specs (high level):
win8 64 bit OS (confirmed an issue as well on win7 pro 64 bit OS)
intel i7 3930k cpu
Debug log:
Pastebin of debug log: http://pastebin.com/NJXeDFD7
High level description of issue:
Large video files (source was blu-ray and converted) will not play on the win32 version of xbmc - file in example is just over 6GB in size
I have confirmed that playback via xbmcbuntu is functional for the exact same file accessing in the exact same way (via nfs)
I have also confirmed that moving the file locally and launching from the same system is successful (no issues)
Smaller files (roughly 1-2GB) seem to have no issues with playback
Near as I can tell the key error here is: 10:39:00 T:6908 ERROR: ffmpeg[1AFC]: [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2] moov atom not found

Other notes:
I've tested this on both the latest test build for windows as well as the 12.1 Frodo release and the issue is present
Upon searching the forums and google I'm seeing similar though not identical issues, if I missed one that's identical please forgive me.
The issue is 100% consistent and reproduce able with any large media file, and smaller files do consistently work.

As near as I can tell this is an upstream problem with ffmpeg (https://ffmpeg.org/trac/ffmpeg/ticket/1677) that was corrected/patched ~8 weeks ago.

Would anyone be able to confirm or deny?
I found a workaround I've implemented, which is basically using SMB instead of NFS, this works perfectly fine on windows xbmc clients and will use this in the near term. Considering this works where NFS does not leads me to believe that NFS is implemented or accessed in a different way on the windows version of xbmc vs linux (as these files do play on linux without a problem).

If anyone would like me to gather more information on this issue or would like me to help out in any testing I'm happy to do so.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Workaround Identified] Consistently unable to play large files0