here comes some other kind of add-on from me:
A few months ago i wrote a simple webbrowser for a friend, so that he can read his favourite news sites and watch Silverlight DRM videos (Netflix, Lovefilm, Redbox, ...).
Maybe its useful for some of you, so i bundled the browser into a standalone XBMC addon and pimped it a bit.
Donations for this addon gratefully accepted.
You can define your favourite websites via the addon/xbmc and launch them via the WebBrowser. Its based on the Internet Explorer.
I also tried some alternatives like Awesomium (Chrome/Webkit) or Gecko (Firefox), but it worked best with IE.
So, the add-on uses binary files - Because of that it wont be available via the xbmc.org repo.
The Source Code of the Browser/KeyMapper is on github.
The following features are implemented:
- Website definitions via Addon/XBMC
- Website title
- Website URL
- Default Zoom Level in %
- Stop XBMC Playback
- Show Popups
- Show Scrollbar
- Custom mouse cursor
- Mouse control via keyboard/remote
- Keymapping for special-keys via GUI
- Magnifier, Virtual Keyboard, Navigation
- Zoom / Default Zoom for favourite websites
- Sub-Shortcuts for favourite websites
- Function Menu
General Addon settings:
- Minimum mouse speed
- Maximum mouse speed
- Scroll speed
- Use custom mouse cursor
- Custom mouse cursor size
- Magnifier size
- Mouse/Scroll: Up = "NumPad8"
- Mouse/Scroll: Down = "NumPad2"
- Mouse/Scroll: Left = "NumPad4"
- Mouse/Scroll: Right = "NumPad6"
- Mouse/Scroll: UpLeft = "NumPad7"
- Mouse/Scroll: UpRight = "NumPad9"
- Mouse/Scroll: DownLeft = "NumPad1"
- Mouse/Scroll: DownRight = "NumPad3"
- Toggle Mouse/Scroll = "Multiply"
- Mouse Click = "NumPad5"
- Zoom In = "Add"
- Zoom Out= "Subtract"
- Show Function Menu = "Divide"
- Close Window/Browser = "NumPad0"
The websites could be edited/removed via context menu.
Thumbs could be added to the sites by editing the website config file in the addons userdata directory.
You can also use any png as the mouse cursor. Just save it in the addons userdata directory as "cursor.png".
The Browser is controllable via default browser keys (Arrow-Keys, Enter, BackSpace, TAB, ESC, ...) and via special-keys, which can be mapped via GUI:
Most important functions
Mouse/Scroll: Up, Down, Left, Right, UpLeft, UpRight, DownLeft, DownRight, Toggle Mouse/Scroll, Mouse Click, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Show Function Menu, Close Window/Browser
Optional functions (Also accessible via Function Menu)
Double Click, Enter URL, Show Keyboard, Show Magnifier, Show Favourites, Show Shortcuts, Press TAB, Press ESC, Press F5
- To use the browser, you need to have the Internet Explorer and .NET Framework 4 installed.
- The manual double-click will not work well with all remotes (except you change the systems double-click speed value) - So theres an extra function for this.
- To correctly use Google, you have to disable Instant Search (Settings -> Search Settings -> Google Instant predictions -> Never show Instant results)
To add-on developers:
You can use the following plugin url to display websites (like the LoveFilm.com addon)
Feedback is welcome - I'm sure there's a lot that could be improved!
Available via my testing repo!